[Archive] dose iron daemon's gun count as multiple shots?

zhangyi:

so…i cant find anything saying yes or no through the whole book.
i hope it’s not, cuz it will hit targets beyond 9’ on 6+ if it counts towards it.
and what use when a cannon can only hit on 6+??:mad
so…does anyone have an answer? it really helps, and thx a lot guys.

p.s. btw, does iron daemon must declare a charge as normal in the charge sub-phase or in remaining moves sub-phase? it makes a difference whether ur opponents can choose to flee or have no choice but hold. so…are there any conclusions?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Wow, that was tough to read.

The Iron Daemon’s Steam Cannonade does not suffer the multiple shots penalty.

I’m not convinced we’re playing it right but locally we’ve decided the Iron Daemon has three modes of movement. The most obvious is an up to six inch move where it moves like a monster. When it charges, it declares a charge during the charge declaration phase and opponents can make a charge reaction. And lastly during the compulsury phase where it can pick a direction and perform a random movement in a given direction (in which case any enemy unit accidentally contacted does NOT get a charge reaction). If I have it wrong, please comment!

Grimbold Blackhammer

zhangyi:

Wow, that was tough to read.

The Iron Daemon's Steam Cannonade does not suffer the multiple shots penalty.

I'm not convinced we're playing it right but locally we've decided the Iron Daemon has three modes of movement.  The most obvious is an up to six inch move where it moves like a monster.  When it charges, it declares a charge during the charge declaration phase and opponents can make a charge reaction.  And lastly during the compulsury phase where it can pick a direction and perform a random movement in a given direction (in which case any enemy unit *accidentally* contacted does NOT get a charge reaction).  If I have it wrong, please comment!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
hmmm... sorry for my grammar cuz English is not my mother tongue.
well, i just want to know the reason it doesnt count as multiple shots. the Empire's hellblaster volley gun fires multiple shots, and cannonade seemed no difference.
and the second question... it's a unique unit, and have a movement value of 6, so if not stated, why can not just march 12? i just doubt about it.

so it's just a discussing... i'm not sure myself neither.

Thommy H:

I'm not convinced we're playing it right but locally we've decided the Iron Daemon has three modes of movement. The most obvious is an up to six inch move where it moves like a monster. When it charges, it declares a charge during the charge declaration phase and opponents can make a charge reaction. And lastly during the compulsury phase where it can pick a direction and perform a random movement in a given direction (in which case any enemy unit *accidentally* contacted does NOT get a charge reaction). If I have it wrong, please comment!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
It moves like a chariot unless you engage the boiler and use its random movement. I distilled its rules into a more 8th Edition-friendly format in this thread.

And no, it doesn't have the Multiple Shots rule (and therefore suffers no penalty when it shoots more than one shot) because it would need to specifically have that rule for that.

zhangyi:

I'm not convinced we're playing it right but locally we've decided the Iron Daemon has three modes of movement. The most obvious is an up to six inch move where it moves like a monster. When it charges, it declares a charge during the charge declaration phase and opponents can make a charge reaction. And lastly during the compulsury phase where it can pick a direction and perform a random movement in a given direction (in which case any enemy unit *accidentally* contacted does NOT get a charge reaction). If I have it wrong, please comment!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
It moves like a chariot unless you engage the boiler and use its random movement. I distilled its rules into a more 8th Edition-friendly format in this thread.

And no, it doesn't have the Multiple Shots rule (and therefore suffers no penalty when it shoots more than one shot) because it would need to specifically have that rule for that.

Thommy H
still, u mean the Empire's hellblaster volley gun counts no multiple shots neither? we are now playing it with this rule, so it will be a shock if it doesnt have.

Nicodemus:

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer

Thommy H
still, u mean the Empire's hellblaster volley gun counts no multiple shots neither? we are now playing it with this rule, so it will be a shock if it doesnt have.

zhangyi
I think it's very clear-cut. Multiple Shots is something very specific in the game, in that if a model has this as a special rule then the added benefit and hindrances associated with the Multiple Shots special rule are attached. If a unit does not have this special rule then you're not penalized the -1 to hit for firing multiple shots vs. a single shot. While the unit may be able to file multiple shots, it doesn't have the Multiple Shots special rule... Clear as mud? I hope so, so keep it simple :hat off

zhangyi:

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer

Thommy H

zhangyi
I think it's very clear-cut. Multiple Shots is something very specific in the game, in that if a model has this as a special rule then the added benefit and hindrances associated with the Multiple Shots special rule are attached. If a unit does not have this special rule then you're not penalized the -1 to hit for firing multiple shots vs. a single shot. While the unit may be able to file multiple shots, it doesn't have the Multiple Shots special rule... Clear as mud? I hope so, so keep it simple :hat off

Nicodemus
yeah i get ur meaning... thx a lot, that's a huge mistake when we play anything like that...

richard barby:

whats the base size on that bad boy

Hashut’s Blessing:

Technically doesn’t have one, however, most people mount it on a chariot base or make their own. As long as the model fits on it, you’re fine basically.