[Archive] Draedmortar

JonJon:

Has anyone used the Draedquake Mortar?

Jon

ryanamandaanna:

I have… I wasn’t too impressed.  It misfired several times and was worthless for the most part.  It could have been just bad rolling, but it should have at least done SOMETHING…

Bassman:

Why bother when we actually have the hellcannon? It’s cheaper and fight like a monster and now it can use the Daemonsmith re-roll rule?

JonJon:

I guess I made a mistake then,I bought it instead of the Flamecannon because it looked cool and I just finished painting it. oh well.

Jon

ryanamandaanna:

you can still use it, yo; either fiddle with it to find when/where is the best place to use it, or say its a hellcannon. :wink:

Bassman:

I guess I made a mistake then,I bought it instead of the Flamecannon because it looked cool and I just finished painting it. oh well.

Jon

JonJon
You did not made a mistake! You told us: it looks cool!

So you can use it as a Dreadquake mortar or simply state it's an Hellcannon. It's huge, it's cool,. If somebody complain... he is a loser ;)

JonJon:

I will buy the cannon eventualy,probably when the bull centaurs come out.does anyone have advise until then

Jon

Da Crusha:

the dread quake can still be useful, havent used it though. to maximize its efficiency I would use one with a deamonsmith nearby to prevent misfiring or improve accuracy and always target the biggest units on the battlefield to maximize the quake potential, 50 dangerous terrain tests could be pretty painful. the S10 hit could also be essential to defeat some big, Difficult to catch things, bloodthirster, Dragons, Lord of Change etc…

also always buy the ogre besides providing more wounds and allowing you to fire every turn, he could also help fight off war machine hunting units such as harpies, Furies, wolf riders etc…

zhatan87:

I will buy the cannon eventualy,probably when the bull centaurs come out.does anyone have advise until then
As said by Da crusha, always buy the ogre (but you should already have it if you buy the model for its looking).
And a daemonsmith to make babysitting.
If possible, reroll the scattery dice (never the artillery:)), in order to get a hit.

JonJon:

thanks for the advise

Zhorn:

The dreadquake mortar isn’t too bad - it is just overshadowed by more awesome rules of other stuff. I think the special rule attached to it’s S5 template is a bit better than the special rule attached to the hellcannon, but it’s misfire chart as well as it’s huge base make it slightly worse than the hellcannon. Rulewise, that is. The model is gorgeous.

JonJon:

I just finished painting it,I love it and willjust have to use it

ryanamandaanna:

pics?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

JonJon:

Im scared

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

ryanamandaanna:

dude, don’t be! We love seeing everyone’s different takes on modeling and painting! :smiley:

JonJon:

I will soon thanks for the encouragement

IzNoGood:

Hi been using my old earthshaker as the dreadquake. Has been great with a daemonsmith to reroll. Shooting at a block of 60 ghouls got a direct hit killing 15, but the best effect was making my opponent think twice about moving the unit. When he did he then lost another 8 or so. Sadly ghouls can come back…but yep I rate it imho.