[Archive] Dragon Wyvern Conversion Ideas

grismund:

Hey folks. I have a full orcs and goblins Wyvern boxed set and im looking for ideas on what to do with it.

I could do the usual thing and convert a daemon prince for 40K with using the wings or…

I was considering the radical option of converting it to a type of ash wastes/chaos wastes/dark lands dragon/wyvern. The paint scheme for the balrog could be used, (although i think grey may be better than black) as the lava/blood thing would fit in well with the CD feel.

I figure that a wandering dragon/wyvern may have stumbled apon or travelled to the dark lands and been captured by the CD.

Dwarfs on dragons… How can that not be a good idea…

It could be used as a great taurus in the game, and should look more imposing. Not sure how pleased Hashut will be though…

Anyway this was just a really different suggestion as Im looking for a really individual army. Any suggestions welcome.

grismund:

I also had the idea of using two stone trolls as amunition loaders/slaves for some CD war machines. The skin on the stone trolls should be easy to paint in a similar scheme to the balrog’s. Although I may use grey instead of black. Ill just see how it goes. First off though have to get a war machine…

wallacer:

If you’re just planning on doing on doing a conversion of a CD slave dragon (or maybe a Chaos Dragon which has decided to help the CD kill something) then that should be possible.

If you wanted to actually use it in-game then the conversion might require a bit more thought.

grismund:

If you're just planning on doing on doing a conversion of a CD slave dragon (or maybe a Chaos Dragon which has decided to help the CD kill something) then that should be possible.

wallacer
I'm not sure if it should be a "friendly" dragon/wyvern or a "slave" dragon/wyvern.

grunts:

I'm not sure if it should be a "friendly" dragon/wyvern or a "slave" dragon/wyvern.

grismund
Oh, you have got to go slave dragon, all the way!

Traitor King:

Definatly.

A slave dragon, if done well, would be amazing.

‘Broken by th Dawi Zharr, it now does its’ new masters bidding’

AGPO:

A lot of people had the idea of using wyverns for great taurus conversions a while back, but the stag and bloodthirster ideas kinda overtook it. Should be doable though, after all, a taurus is only bull-like. Why can’t thius creature just be a creation of Hashut?