[Archive] Dread Quake Mortar(1)

Geist:

This thing is stupid good, I played 3 games with it tonight in pick ups. In one game I deployed poor, other two did fine. But the damage this thing deals is retarded. St5 AP is massive for knights with 2+. The dangerous terrain rule didnt seem to do too much for me, but again it was knight blocks. Great mortar, truly. Just a few questions though.

When you take wounds from shooting and you have a slave orge how do you place the wounds exactly?

Example

You get shot 7 times and take 3 wounds. Do you loose the slave or the crew or does it not matter? If it does not matter how do you work out your return attacks if the mortar is attacked in hand to hand latter in that same game? Should the entire model slave orge and all considered to be there until the last wound?

Karring:

When you take wounds from shooting and you have a slave orge how do you place the wounds exactly?
Example
You get shot 7 times and take 3 wounds.  Do you loose the slave or the crew or does it not matter?  If it does not matter how do you work out your return attacks if the mortar is attacked in hand to hand latter in that same game?  Should the entire model slave orge and all considered to be there until the last wound?

Geist
That is exactly the question that recently I asked FW for.

In my play group, we do as follow:

Ogre Slave is an option, so, we do as a champion: the enemy can assign attacks against the ogre if he wants. In the other hand, remaining wounds made to the "global" crew are assigned to the ogre.

zhatan87:

Here, we play it like this : you remove a crew as soon as possible. So the first 3 CD and then the ogre when you inflict 3 more wounds…