[Archive] Dreadquake Mortar with Underwhelming Ogre

Thommy H:

"Hi, I’m Gordon, an Ogre from 1985 that inexplicably got mounted on a model from 2011! Would you like your diving helmet now? I got it from Xander’s new blog."

Pre-order and experimental rules.

Xander:

I like the Ogre, actually.

Did you see the very old fashioned hat on that CD crewman?

zhatan87:

Awesome!

Pricey but a very nice model!:slight_smile:

I like it:)

Why do they sometimes say :

Experimental rules for this war machine can be found here, taken from Alan Bligh’s Legion of Azghor army list in the forthcoming book Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.
and another time :
Experimental rules for this mechanical behemoth are available to download here.

fonejaker:

I have to say I don’t really like this model , i think il have to scratch build one from a train set with a few chaos dwarfs and a earthshaker mounded on it.

I have no idea what is wrong with the ogres face and some of the crews “arnt” that better, the crew on most the war machines seems a little “deformed” anyway.

Vintagephreak:

Nah, that’s it. These new CD warmachines just aren’t floating my boat. I’ll spend my money on something else.

Thommy H:

Why do they sometimes say :
Experimental rules for this war machine can be found here, taken from Alan Bligh's Legion of Azghor army list in the forthcoming book Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.
and another time :
Experimental rules for this mechanical behemoth are available to download here.

zhatan87
Probably the same reason this PDF has "EXPERIMENTAL" plastered all over it - I think the eventual rules may have some differences from what we eventually see, and they perhaps felt this wasn't being made clear enough.

macbeth:

I love it, even though it’s a bit expensive…

Borador:

hmm Forgeworld, I am disappoint. The crew doesn’t even look similar to other machines’ crewmembers. When I saw the Iron Daemon crew, I liked where they were going, but now, I am not so sure anymore. IMO Forgeworld should have used just one sculptor for all the crewmembers, so they at least would have looked alike.

About the ogre, well, let’s just not start about that shall we. Not liking him at all, looks way out of place there.

The wagon itself is decent, but I would expect a bit more for that amount of money to be quite honest. Also, to me the wheels look way to small in comparison to the wagon and to the wheels the other machines have.

I will never buy this, that is for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: The one thing that impresses me is FW glueing and cleaning skill by the way, the one ladder is glued on under an angle, which seems quite impractical to me. The painted flash near the front wheels is also very impressive.

unheilig:

the ogre looks pathetic and defeated, just as a worthless slave should!

Galladorn:

I like the model… But why would I pay all that money when I can slap together an ogre to go with my earthshaker cannon?

And the rules say NOTHING about taking away march movement.

BeeZharr:

I like it. I will get one. Yet, I do agree with the criticism of the crew.

They don’t fit with the crew of the other machines - I think it’s not design, it’s that they don’t seem to reach the same sculpt quality of the other crew. For instance, the arms and hands just do not look right, sort of too long and too chunky. The ogre in particular is disappointing, it just looks gormless not subjugated.

From a distance it looks great though and will seriously intimidate opponents.

Thommy H:

And the rules say NOTHING about taking away march movement.
No, but the affected unit still has to take a Dangerous Terrain test.

Loki:

Really like the model , but not the price think £75 is a bit over priced for this , will have to have a long think about if i will get it or not but always good to see new CD coming out :smiley:

vulcanologist:

I’m with Loki on this one. Love my Iron Daemon and really like the look of this one too but i’m a bit taken aback by the price!! Was hoping for a similar price point have to seriously consider whether to get one or not!?

aka_mythos:

Agreed… they really need a magma cannon sized version of this unit.

Loki:

Agreed... they really need a magma cannon sized version of this unit.

aka_mythos
Now that would sell well , i know i would buy one for sure if it was the same price as the magma cannon of course or may be a little more

MartyF:

The price in pounds and points mean I’m quite unlikely to get this.

I thought the gd france rumours made it sound over powered but these rules are worse for more points, now compared to a dwarf stone thrower I feel it is poor value :frowning:

Id still buy it if I liked the model but im not sold at all. To be fair its the first thing I havent liked.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

At 195 points it’s another Hellcannon with better crew and a different effect.  I’m all over it!!  The rules, not the model.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Nicodemus:

Does anyone know what the intention is with the rules - is the idea that we can use the Tamurkhan rules mixed and matched the Ravening Hordes list, or only use the Tamurkhan rules?

If it’s the latter I’m going to sorely miss the Earthshaker as the movement/shooting penalty was one of my favourite effects.

~N

Thommy H:

Does anyone know what the intention is with the rules - is the idea that we can use the Tamurkhan rules mixed and matched the Ravening Hordes list, or only use the Tamurkhan rules?

Nicodemus
Why would they expect anyone to use Ravening Hordes? The Tamurkhan book has a full army list. In the meantime, you can use these rules with Warriors of Chaos, like it says.