[Archive] Dumb, but quick 40k question

Joshmohr:

Ive been focusing on work for a few weeks, and cannot seem to remember if HQ counts to vehicle transport capacity. For instance, if I take 10 Wyches with a raider (Capacity 10), and add a hero to the unit, could they still mount it?

Hashut’s Blessing:

No. The character takes up a slot :wink:

Thommy H:

Yeah - the capacity refers solely to the number of models. It has nothing to do with the force organisation chart: HQ or otherwise, if it’s a model then it takes up a space.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Although, (and this likely doesn’t affect you) Terminators take up two slots, but can only go in Land Raiders (and their variants) and Drop Pods (probably more exotic stuff like a Thunderhawk as well, but there ya go).

Blind Berzerker:

Although, (and this likely doesn't affect you) Terminators take up two slots, but can only go in Land Raiders (and their variants) and Drop Pods (probably more exotic stuff like a Thunderhawk as well, but there ya go).

Hashut's Blessing
And Stormravens for that matter ;)

Also, in the previous edition, and there might be some carried over effects due to not yet updated Codexes, Space Marine Librarians could take a Familiar as Wargear, that was a model, on a 25mm base, but did NOT take up place in a transport...

Hashut’s Blessing:

The familiars don’t have a profile or anything though (at least in Chaos Space Marine armies). Regardless, you get my point :wink:

Blind Berzerker:

:smiley:

Just clowning around; my point was moot anyhow, as it involved a previous edition. The Familiar did work as a seperate miniature in combat though, with all the rules for base-contact, allocating hits etc…

To be on the safe side, I checked some other codices and for instance the Wolves that Space wolves can take along can embark, but actually take up 2 slots due to their cavalry status. I didn’t find anything elsewhere on fold-away units, but then again; I don’t own them all. Yet… :wink:

Redhammer:

Since Dark Eldar were in the original post, its probably good to say that Grotesques take up two spots. Other than that, its 10 model capacity.