warh:

Hey Zanko I was just going to post those:P

the armoured ponnys are my favorite

Zanko:

Hey Zanko I was just going to post those:P

the armoured ponnys are my favorite

warh
Sorry dude! :hat off

My favourites are still my Bearrider and from WWP I like mostly the Ram Raiders!

:hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yep, counts as Knights from various other armies as allies/proxies.

As to tourney legal, unfortunately, I mean able to be used in GW torunies :wink: I had considered mounting them up on white lions (the Chracian ones), but that could get very expensive and I’m not sure how fitting that is for the mountains (a whole unit of them, anyway)…

I love the idea of the Musk Oxen, although I may attempt it as Bison, but it’s a case of how to go about the modelling side of it :smiley:

I had also considered the option of motorbikes, but thought that’s somehow pushingit too far (compared to a mechanical horse, clockwork boar and steampowered rhinox, lol :stuck_out_tongue: )…

zobo1942:

Also, with the motorbikes, people would be saying,“Hey! You can’t use your 40K squat army in a fantasy game!”

Baggronor:

Also, with the motorbikes, people would be saying,"Hey! You can't use your 40K squat army in a fantasy game!"
Clockwork motorbikes then? Top speed would probably be about Movement 4... still an improvement...

Grimstonefire:

This may sound fairly obvious, but why not just have 2 dwarf shieldbearers one infront of the other, with a dwarf ontop?

You’d probably need to make the shield more rectangular so they’d rank up.  It would also be reasonably easy and cheap to do, you’d have a rod that rested on the shield arm shoulder, and the other arm would be converted to hold the second rod.  Maybe a hand weapon in that hand for the occasional one if you put the rods onto both shoulders.

Cavalry base (DoW heavy cavalry maybe??), or 20mm wide by 40mm and count them as 2 ranks of dwarf infantry.

My doomflayer is built out of a deffkopta and looks reasonably skaven tech, but I doubt they’d rank up for a unit.

Hashut’s Blessing:

zobo: Lol :smiley: Unfortunately, I think Sousunou would be the only one to know of Squats, although Skyjacker may do so :wink: Stormsoul won’t :smiley: (Note: these are my “regular” opponents.)

Baggronor: M4 is the speed fo the rest of the army, so it seems I need to add some nitro to those clockwork bikes :smiley: ^^

GSF: Good thought and I had wondered how it’d look, I was just wondering if I could claim that Dwarfs carrying shields with Dwarfs atop would move at 8" (or 7" with barding) per turn, before marching/charging :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

The rams are great…

…and so are the models :wink:

Grimstonefire:

Hmm…  Yep the movement would out rule dwarfs on foot.

A crazy idea I just had is dwarfs on rolling barrels! :smiley:

What about using the mine carts:

Cut all the top part off so it’s just the platform with wheels.  Or leave the dragon head thing on the front if you want.

Cut the outside of the wheels off and stick shields on (the wheels are about 3mm too wide for a cav base, it would fit, but overhang badly)

Stick one half of the bucket type part (can’t think what else to call it?) on the front (it’s 20mm wide so would  allow them to rank up).

Stick a load of plastic tubes, pipes and gubbinz on the back to look like a mini steam/rune engine.

Stick a dwarf in the front part.

This would fit on a cav base with enough room to extend the steam engine part back a bit.

G.2:

I bought some pig mounts, many years ago for my “good” dwarfs. They look something like this. The company is now defuncted and the pig mounts don’t come up for sale very often.

Empire Pistolier on my “War Pig” - Left Side

Empire Pistolier on “War Pig” - Right side

Loki:

lol loving those pig riders

nitroglysarine:

I bought some pig mounts, many years ago for my "good" dwarfs.  They look something like this. The company is now defuncted and the pig mounts don't come up for sale very often.

Empire Pistolier on my "War Pig" - Left Side

Empire Pistolier on "War Pig" - Right side

G.2
That is awesome!!

Obsidian:

Whahaha, epic! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

G.2:

I want a simple and tournament legal thought on something for Dwarfs to ride (to represnt other things, such as Knights of the Realm or Knightly Orders etc.)

Hashut's Blessing
I am digging up this tread, because I want to know, what you have come up with. I am curious about the outcome, as well as other peoples thoughts on the topic.

nitroglysarine:

I think the pigs are awesome. the new Orc boars are probably the best i’d say.

Hashut’s Blessing:

To be honest, I’m still quite stumped because I think Bison are the best fit, but I want Undead ones AND for them to be GW legal and I’ve not yet figured out how to go about it, lol.

Inquisitor:

Just wanted to throw my two cents out there:

Grumpy looking dwarves riding badgers, thats my plan for when im done assembling my norse viking infantry

nitroglysarine:

badgers or jumbo-badgers?

The original sized ones would be a bit small really.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

There are just way to many jokes that can come out of Dwarves riding pigs. Don’t do it!

Grimbold Blackhammer

nitroglysarine:

Just be glad no one has suggested beavers!