[Archive] Dwarfs of Karaka Uzkul

Grimstonefire:

My army is from Karak-a-Uzkul (or Karaka Uzkul if you prefer), the Mountain of Death. It is located near to Hellpit/ High Pass in the Worlds Edge Mountains.

After suffering a major defeat at the hands of the vile Skaven, the Dwarfs are on a Grudge Mission to wipe out all the vile rat filth infesting the lower levels of their hold. The current king is called Kazagor ‘Grim’ Stonefire (which adorns his oathstone). Their equipment and spirits might be a bit battered, but by Grugni they will not give an inch while one of them still draws breath!!!:frowning:

Basically for my army this means that the main themes are an army in the middle of a decades long campaign. They have wounds aplenty, grudge writing/ scroll/ parchment adorning shields and bases in places. Also bloody fur scraps and maybe the odd Skaven tail. The colours are a uniform green trim on mail, and a mix of browns, greens, whites and off whites. So a natural palette really.

There is not a specific list I am working towards, but here is the extent of my army thus far:

LORDS

Dwarf Lord on Oathstone.��Assembled, not painted 1 2 3 4 5

Daemon Slayer.��Painted

HEROES

Thane Battle Standard��Assembled, not painted

Thane.��Not painted

Thane.��Not painted

Thane.��Not painted

Runesmith.��Painted

Master Engineer.��Painted

Dragon Slayer.��Not painted

Dragon Slayer��Painted

CORE

20 Warriors (hand Weapon and shield).��Not finished 1 2

20 Warriors (great weapon).��Painted 1 2 3 4

20 Longbeards (great weapon).��Painted 1 2 3

14 ‘Reckoners’ (Quarreller Rangers ).��currently being assembled Dran the Reckoner (champion). Ranger

10 Thunderers.��Not finished

SPECIAL

20 Hammerers.��currently being assembled 1 2

20 Miners.��currently being assembled Prospector with Steam Drill Miners Front Miners Back Painted

30 Slayers Not finished 1��2 Standard Bearer Musician 1 Musician 2

Grudge Thrower��Not finished

Cannon.��Needs finishing 1 2 Engineer

RARE

Organ Gun.��Needs painting

Characters:

Gotrek (the ltd ed Gotrek from the G&F set).��Not painted, Felix needs work

Garagrim Ironfist Painted.

Other bits:

Skaven Slayers unit filler (diorama V Rat Ogre)12

Skaven Slayer

So as you can see a lot left to do, and I still have a LOT to add… :frowning:

Ironbreakers will wait until I can sculpt and cast my own.

Willmark:

Woah those are kick-ass my friend good job all around. I especially like the organ gun, great take on that.

Pyro Stick:

The Dwarf Lord on Oathstone is fairly epic. Excellent work.

Canix:

Wow awesome work there mate Golden Demon army anyone?:hat off

wallacer:

Very cool.

clam:

Not much new here for a “Grimstonefire fan” and a regular guest at Bugmans - is there? :slight_smile: - but you work is so cool - so thx for the show off here at CDO. And I envy you your GS-skills - you are truely one of the best sculptors out here.

The Lord on Oatstone and the Steam Drill miner is superb and I’m totally in love with that Organ Gun. Reminds me very much of John Shaffers Show-off at the US GW-website. For a while I thougt about “how to make it to a Death Rocket” - but gave up the concept, when I saw the Empire Helstorm. Now I’m going for a real rocket concept:)�

Grimstonefire:

Reminds me very much of John Shaffers Show-off at the US GW-website.
Idea stolen :)

If I want more Organ guns I will convert this, emptying my wallet to do so :(
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/quadl.htm

With any luck my unit of Rangers will be fully converted soon, then I will finish off the hammerers (the most dynamic ones I've ever seen).

Btw, what name do you go under on Bugmans?

Pyro Stick:

Grimstonefire
That looks like it would be easier to convert into a death rocket but i can see how you could use it for an organ gun. How much is it?

clam:

Grimstonefire
Btw, what name do you go under on Bugmans?

Grimstonefire
Yes I'm in love with that Quad Launcher too - and I am very tempted to do a FOW DKOK army - but am still holding back - as I know it would mean pushing my CDs in the back - and - yes! - emptying my wallet.

Btw! I'm thinking a lot about how to use the Heavy Mortar in a Earthshaker conversion:idea��

About Bugmans - you wouldn't know me - but it's also Clam. As said I was a regular guest at Bugmans - using it as inspiration and infobase, but have never really contributed. CDO is actually the first forum (about Warhammer) where I took part of the discussions!

AGPO:

Those hammerers are AMAZING. Can you do a tutorial on the plate armour please. I still can’t quite get how to do that

Shakhorth:

Nice looking dwarven force, would like to see more of these.

Might find some ideas I can borrow for my old dwarven force. :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Damn, that’s some serious threadomancry there. NM though, it’s good to see these guys again :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

:hat off

All I can say is “WOW” very impressive work on all fronts!

Blue