[Archive] Dwarves from The Hobbit by ForgeWorld

ashur:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Hobbit-Trilogy

Have you seen this?

The infantry would be a good alternative to those who want less mutated CD. With a few conversions perhaps. It should not be to hard to give them a tall helmet.

Poison:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Hobbit-Trilogy

Have you seen this?

The infantry would be a good alternative to those who want less mutated CD. With a few conversions perhaps. It should not be to hard to give them a tall helmet.

ashur
I saw these last month on the european open day (amsterdam) and was looking forward to them ever since. Gorgeous models and apparently more to come (ram riders, chariots etc)

GW is coming in its platinum age (rather than a new golden age) in 2017. The models produced are excellent, white dwarf is once again a magazine, more board games are being released (ST, BB, HH etc)

Abecedar:

Won’t the range be ‘normal’ scale for the LoTR series rather than the ‘Heroic’ scale we live in?

Admiral:

Won't the range be 'normal' scale for the LoTR series rather than the 'Heroic' scale we live in?

Abecedar
It would. Size inflation might bridge the gap a little, but the proportion differences would still be noticable. Yet perhaps not as obvious as other Lotr miniatures. I'm very interested to see how these FW Hobbit Dwarves fit in with WHFB minis.

Fuggit Khan:

Beautiful models…they would make astounding conversions to a CD army.

Shame that they’re in resin though (I hate resin).

Thanks for sharing the link :hat off

Delgdeathaxe:

Dwarves are meant to be short the size gap will just make sure of it

Firehammer:

LOTR is 25mm scale and non-heroic. You see the difference immediately. Possible to use only, if the whole army is 25mm scale and non heroic. Even then it looks odd when confronted with 28mm heroic scale opponents.

I am also disappointed that the so called “new support for LOTR tabletop game” is only by the mail order Forge World store (and in English it seems), not in brick and mortar stores. Another lost opportunity (although personally I never liked the LOTR miniature range).