[Archive] Earthshaker or Hellcannon?

Astranagant:

I never really had any intention of doing anything with these before I found this forum, but I believe that I should construct several of my War Machines from the Battleground:Crossbows and Catapults Cannon toys. The question is, are they better suited to Earthshakers or Hellcannons?

From the looks of it, they’re only slightly bigger than Maul’s magnificent Earthshaker conversion, though a bit on the tall side. If I do use them, I will be removing the wheels and building a 4-wheeled carriage of sorts.

Maul:

I probably would go earthshaker. It is not to hard to build a sweet model and play it as either, but if you are building a whole chaos dwarf army, go with the shaker. The wheels are probably going to need to be replaced, they look too rickety. You will have to do something with the end of the cannon.

You have two of them so you could do one of each.

If you were going with a hellcannon, I would go crazy. I might see if I could get the top off a cauldron of blood for the end of the cannon and mutilate a new plastic chaos spawn or two. You could have the cannon growing or sprouting out of the spawn. Us the bodies of the spawn as wheels. With a hellcannon, I would go twisted. With an earthshaker, I like large metal parts.

What every you decide. I think these parts have great potential.

Kera foehunter:

due to the size i would like to say hell canon  or a siege weapon
or you could use them as both ??
i would say a 4 wheel cart would make it better

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Earthshaker, definitely!

Astranagant:

Well, the jury’s out… two Earthshakers I will have… now just to fix up some sort of carriage for them…

Kera foehunter:

so where did you find these toy canons Astranagant

wallacer:

They don’t really look Daemonic enough to be a Hellcannon.

Astranagant:

so where did you find these toy canons Astranagant

Kera foehunter
Crossbows and Catapults

Kera foehunter:

thanks!! *kera face turn red * when see that you already said it

sorry Astranagant

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have the original Crossbows and Catipults game from the earily 1980’s. Nothing better than flinging thick, hard plastic disks into Barbarians or Vikings and watching them all fall down.

We use to load the Crossbow with, like 10+ rubberbands so we could fire the pieces across my parent’s thick fire carpet. I think I shot one of those babies 20 feet on the kitchen mylar floor.

Ahhh…the good ol’ days!

Anyway, why not grab some Greenstuff and make BOTH an Earth Shaker AND a Hell Cannon? You have two good starts right there.

Swissdictator:

I have to agree with those saying Earthshaker. It doesn’t look sentient enough.

That, and it looks like it could deliver quite the interesting ordinance.

CheTralfara:

My only problem with seeing it as an earth shaker, is how the hell could a dwarf reach high enough to load, or even carry the ammo (and be able to lift it into place) that would be required for that thing… The cannonballs look like they’d be the size of a ping pong ball! … however a hell cannon doesn’t need to be loaded from the front, nor does it use standard ammunition, but rather corpses as feed/fuel… for this purpose i’d convert them into hell cannons and make sure there is a hatch at the back to scoop the bodies into… also make sure you add a crapload of greenstuff and spawn bitz as others have said. I’m in the process of making a similarly sized hellcannon out of lots of greenstuff, monster toy parts, lots of spawn bitz (to create a gaping monster maw for the cannon’s mouth), and it is based on one of those old photo film canisters from before digital cameras… the tubes that hold the rolled up negatives/filmstrip (they might still use them for film cameras). i’d imagine yours would end up looking similar… i’ll post a pic of mine soon enough.

.nick

Swissdictator:

My only problem with seeing it as an earth shaker, is how the hell could a dwarf reach high enough to load, or even carry the ammo (and be able to lift it into place) that would be required for that thing... The cannonballs look like they'd be the size of a ping pong ball! ....

CheTralfara
Stilts?

Though a mechanical chasis like Astrogoth has could overcome both height and possibly weight of ammunition.

Though the Earth Shaker being a breach loader is something I could honestly believe rather easily.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

how the hell could a dwarf reach high enough to load, or even carry the ammo
Dwarf, no....Chaos Dwarf, YES. How? Use an Ogre!

Canix:

Earthshakers :hat I used a crossbow and catapult toy for a siegeshaker in GH8 .My missus bought it for a jokey christmas present :D.

Their are problems with painting the plastic so i advise priming well . For loading you could have a giant as crew or make a little crane diorama :smiley:

CheTralfara:

I actually really like the idea of having a slave ogre carrying a gigantic cannonball next to a chaos dwarf slaver with a whip/mechanical slaving device…

That would make for a really badass 3-man cannon crew!

1 slave ogre loader = counts as 2 chaos dwarfs crewman

1 chaos dwarf slaver = counts as 1 chaos dwarf crewman

3 crew total + 1 massive earthshaker cannon = a really bad ass and original war machine, that will satisfy anyone who is into WYSIWYG :slight_smile:

.nick