[Archive] Easiest way to do Blunderbuss?

Guardian_A:

I’m getting ready to start putting together my Chaos Dwarf army (Instead of just using my Dwarfs in their place.)

What I would like to know is, whats the easiest way to make Chaos Dwarf blunderbuss’?

Nicodemus:

Slev set me straight a while back.  Look for Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads… eBay is probably the easiest.

Just stick them on the ends of the barrels, w/ or w/o GS and you’re all set.

~N

P.S. the middle and bottom rows are probably the more appropriate ones. Either that or just go with dwarf bluckers, but then you’ll need GS for sure to smooth out the flare of the barrel toward the muzzle.

Guardian_A:

Very cool! That looks like a great option. I’ll be doing up at least one regiment that way once I get started!

Zanko:

Are these “Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads” only part of a special mini or can I buy them in an own seperate sprue?

I ask cause I couldn’t find them an the GW homepage!

:hashut

tjub:

…or you could just shorten the barrel of a thunderer and glue a buckler on to the tip.

Gavan Sing:

Are these "Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads" only part of a special mini or can I buy them in an own seperate sprue?

I ask cause I couldn't find them an the GW homepage!

Zanko
Hi Zanko,

to buy seperately, you'll have to buy them as bits from this ebay store hoards o bits.

Warlord Zharhak

Zanko:

Hi Zanko,

to buy seperately, you'll have to buy them as bits from this ebay store hoards o bits.

Warlord Zharhak

Gavan Sing
Could you post a link?!?!

Willmark:

Slev set me straight a while back.  Look for Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads... eBay is probably the easiest.

Just stick them on the ends of the barrels, w/ or w/o GS and you're all set.

~N

P.S. the middle and bottom rows are probably the more appropriate ones. Either that or just go with dwarf bluckers, but then you'll need GS for sure to smooth out the flare of the barrel toward the muzzle.

NIcodemus
Ahem!

Actually Wizzbang thought this up in 2007.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2129&pid=38506#pid38506

Guardian_A:

Well, I have a small pile of the Gargoyle heads on order, and my dwarf army has left me with a mountain of bucklers I can use for the second style.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, I’d love to hear any more ideas that you all have.

I plan to start with one unit of each style (Gargoyle & buckler), then see how things go from there!

Warhammerman:

IMO the easiest way to do it is to just glue a buckler or shield on the end of the gun. that makes them look like blunderbusses easily.

Guardian_A:

I started some Blunderbusses earlier today.  I’ve started two kinds, and plan to do a third when the Gargoyle heads arrive.  For anyone interested in following my progress, I’ve posted a couple of quick pictures over on the forum in my signature.  (Hows that for some shameless advertising? :hat off )

Nicodemus:

Slev set me straight a while back.  Look for Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads... eBay is probably the easiest.

NIcodemus
Ahem!

Actually Wizzbang thought this up in 2007.

Willmark
That was well before my time.

clam:

Quite a few guys have tried this out - and I think you’ll even find some in Mr. Willmarks blog. Also seen used on death rockets. But yes, maybe Wizzbang was the first. And actually a bit strange that no one has placed such a conversion in the Wiki blunderbuss convertion page.

Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Conversions - Chaos Dwarfs

Are these “Chaos Rhino Gargoyle heads” only part of a special mini or can I buy them in an own seperate sprue?

I ask cause I couldn’t find them an the GW homepage!

Zanko
You can’t buy them seperately - but you will find them one the Chaos Vehicle Accessories sprue (a must have if you ask me)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat300001a&prodId=prod1290062

Guardian_A:

Hi Zanko,

Warlord Zharhak

Gavan Sing
Could you post a link?!?!

Zanko
Hoard o Bitz is a great place. Its the first place I look for bitz whenever I need something.

http://stores.ebay.com/Hoard-O-Bits

nitroglysarine:

...or you could just shorten the barrel of a thunderer and glue a buckler on to the tip.

tjub
To be fair thats my method of choice.

Willmark:

Yeah funny thing is that to create blundies it’s dead simple. I do thing the 40k barre tips look best. The buckler method look to western dwarfish to me rather then evil menancing as they should be.

Zanko:

Hoard o Bitz is a great place.  Its the first place I look for bitz whenever I need something.

http://stores.ebay.com/Hoard-O-Bits

Guardian_A
Thanx a lot for the link! :hat off

Guardian_A:

One of the things I like to do with my armies is to make each unit in my army slightly different. By using a slightly different theme I can create an army that can be fielded as a small army with a single color/clan theme, or it can be fielded as a larger, multiple clan army. By doing several different kinds of blunderbuss, I can paint multiple units with the same theme while still being able to quickly and easily tell them apart. I’ll be doing the same thing with my warriors by using axes, picks, and swords.

Guardian_A:

I’ve started three kinds of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss along with a command group at this point. Anyone who is interested in taking a look can find my Blunderbuss conversion pics by following the link in my signature.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

@Zanko, Glad I could help!

Bolg:

Just stick them on the ends of the barrels, w/ or w/o GS and you're all set.

NIcodemus
Great a cheap conversion option, thanx. The bidding has started (: