[Archive] Ebay Auction for Hobgoblin on Temple dog

zhatan87:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Citadel-vintage-hobgoblin-mounted-on-temple-dog-set-/350392898801?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item51950b54f1

Don’t know if it’s a rare mini to find… (never seen it before)

If someone is interested in buying it…

Vash:

i’ve seen those temple dogs before, but never with a hobgoblin. i did however found a few with slann or dark elve minis.

in one of those descriptions it said that there was once a time when you could choose which mount you wanted for the rider while ordering and that the temple dog was one of the options.

i don’t come across them very often on ebay, so my guess is they are pretty rare.

Da Crusha:

oh nice find, I’d like to see it glued up. does anybody know where to find a pic of it on stuff of legends?

Zanko:

I haven’t found pics at “Stuff of Legends” but here is another link:

Orientals - Collectors Guide

I hope this will be sufficient! :wink:

:hashut

Vash:

i haven’t any pictures on Stuff of Legends aswell… good find there Zanko, i really really want those models in my nippon style empire army. i’ve never seen them before on ebay though…

Willmark:

It’s from 3rd edition. Back then dark elves could use them and my dark elf general was mounted on one.

Nippon (duh) could use them as well. I d t have my warhammer armies book at home right now to double check. If it were me I’d buy it for the temple dog.

Pyro Stick:

Im interested in buying 1 at least. They are cool models and seem quite affordable at around £25 for a mint condition one (that back banner is sometimes damaged/lost). Ill probably go for thje hobgoblin or dark elf variant. Shame ive been away for a few weeks or i would probably have bid.

G.2:

I have one of these Temple Dogs, also known as Foo Dogs. I bought it on eBay with a Samurai rider, but they are very popular, and usually attract interest by a variety of bibbers. I have bid on others, but I have never managed to win any more. Just as side note, these models are closer to 25mm than 28mm.