[Archive] Ebay find **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Vogon:

So how does something like this end up on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7ft-x-4ft-approx-Games-Workshop-Chaos-Warrior-ONE-OF-TWO-EVER-MADE-IN-THE-WORLD-/181035837614?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2a2693a8ae&_uhb=1

I find it unfathomable if there are only 2 (the other being at Warhammer World) that a private individual would have it and be able to sell it on.

Cheers

Vogon

Vardan Painkiller:

I belive wife could be the answer.

giantsquig :

“Honey…um…whats in that giant casket sized box…”

Vogon:

I was more wondering how he wangled it out of GW in the first place.

Given its rarity I would’ve thought that GW Oxford Street would either hang onto it like grim death or be required to send it back to head office if they no longer wanted it.

For it to end up in the hands of the public (WOSO not withstanding) is staggering.

Cheers

Vogon

Kera foehunter:

cornixt:

GW often gives random stuff to employees to take it off their hands. Not usually something like this though!

Willmark:

Kera foehunter
I was more wondering how he wangled it out of GW in the first place.

You yell isn't that Kate Beckinsale  outside with a  short skirt..

I know this works... I use it all the time on Willmark:hat off

Vogon
Kate Beckinsale rules all including statutes of Space Marines obtained under surreptitious means.

Hashut’s Blessing:

GW often gives random stuff to employees to take it off their hands. Not usually something like this though!

cornixt
I think you mean used to. Now they're not allowed to give away disused tables etc - not even in a raffle or buy x amount and have an entry into winning it, no free birthday items anymore nd if staff take something from GW, it counts as stealing, even if they pay for it (obviously not if it's NIB and still sold by the store). But they're not allowed to take freebies from sprues of models used for displays etc...

EDIT: Hang on, just curious as to how it ended up in Southend and I didn;t even know about it!

Naagruz:

Seller’s history is full of women’s clothing, baby goods, & cosmetic goods. So, you can really go wild with the possibilities.

- Was a baby on the way the source of desperate acts of theft?

- Was a short skirt & a long jacket used to bamboozle hapless store staff?

- Were hair care products offered up as a trade to the Chaos Gawds for one-half of their finest twins ever made? :wink:

On another note, I used to work for a company that had something to do with booze. We had restricted access to a very limited amount of beyond life-size Captain Morgan statues for trade shows. Oddly, some of the statues stayed on the road long enough to be forgotten & circumstances allowed them to disappear into the Cap’n Morgan underground railway…

Abecedar:

would that have been Cap’n Morgan Rum. I still remember that hang-over from 30 years ago

Kera foehunter:

Seller's history is full of women's clothing, baby goods, & cosmetic goods.  So, you can really go wild with the possibilities.

- Was a baby on the way the source of desperate acts of theft?
- Was a short skirt & a long jacket used to bamboozle hapless store staff?
- Were hair care products offered up as a trade to the Chaos Gawds for one-half of their finest twins ever made? ;)

On another note, I used to work for a company that had something to do with booze.  We had restricted access to a very limited amount of beyond life-size Captain Morgan statues for trade shows.  Oddly, some of the statues stayed on the road long enough to be forgotten & circumstances allowed them to disappear into the Cap'n Morgan underground railway...

Naagruz
*Give a mean look *
where is this so called Underground railroad ??:o

RichardC1967:

I wonder how much that thing weighs…

Dr.Mojo:

On a side note… russiandoll1988? :o