[Archive] Empire army

Kera foehunter:

Is there anyone that plays them and do you think they have

the best gunlines

BilboBaggins:

I have played Empire (but not recently).

Decent Gunline, But the options of shooting, Infantry, Cavalry and war machines makes it a versatile army.

CDblunderbuss:

I think that they got a good gunline. Some Handgunners and Crossbowmen in 1 rank can be quite effective if they attack a single regiment.

Loki:

I play empire but not a gun line army, but yes i have to say empire do produce the best gun line in the game with the hockland long riffle picking out your heroes and characters and the hell storm and cannon pounding your lines it makes it very hard to get close and when you do a steam tank will more than likely come and squash you

Kera foehunter:

so does any people here also have a empier army

CDblunderbuss:

I do, got roughly 2000+ pts. of them.

Kera foehunter:

Are they new or mostly the older verion !! i gave it a though time to time of getting into it the empier army !!

CDblunderbuss:

They are all the old non-7th edition guys, haven’t been able to get their new rules book yet or any of the newer models.

If you’re looking to collect Empire you’re looking at one of the most versatile armies, since they got lots of variety in units. :slight_smile:

Loki:

I have a 3000 pts army mostly old stuff but with a some new models in there plus at 1500 pts of Kislev to back them up

centauro enano:

The first army was to collect the empire, army is my favorite. I always use this partly to 2000 points:

units fire

10 Handgunners

1 cannon

1 The Helblaster (volley gun)

1 steam tank

BilboBaggins:

3000+ points painted 6th Edition Plus I have unpainted the Middenheim and 7th Edition Army Boxes.

Swissdictator:

I have an Empire army with 6th edition figures (I bought a ton of them before the horrid new state troops came out)… and have plenty more to build.

The Imperial Forces of Boodleburg still challenge all foes tat face them! No rockets or outriders either.

BilboBaggins:

But you do run the Pope Mobile don’t you Swiss.

CDblunderbuss:

I have an Empire army with 6th edition figures (I bought a ton of them before the horrid new state troops came out)... and have plenty more to build.
I didn't like the new State troops either, the new regiments look like militia thrown into uniforms.

Swissdictator:

Bilbo: I have enough Empire to run at least 3k… I could push for 4k, but I might start fielding unpainted at that point.

I want flexibility in my list, so anything I’d ever want to field I’ll own… at least eventually.

Empire is an army I love to use in Legendary battles, either as one side by itself… or a small ally or two (my Brets or preferably western Dwarfs). So it works for me to own a lot.

Crube:

EMpire were my first army… I did start to collect a Middenheim army for Storm of Chaos, but real life got in the way.

I currently am assembling 2250 points of Empire for a future plan…

As to gunline? They can do it, but IMO the best at it are the Dwarfs. They’re just more resilient, and don’t run away as much. Plus the cannon etc can take runes too…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’m going to be helping a friend paint his Empire army when I visit him in B.C. in a few weeks. He’s a store customer, but is going to college there and I’ll be visiting my parents and family.

Does that help? :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

well there dumping the older verion at my store for a great steal

it also gives me more cool stuff to paint and i can add them to my lost skrggi troops

Neil:

I have an Empire army of about 4000pts, mostly built around the Militia models, which are just fantastic. (Why spend £50 on 20 Greatswords, when I can make them from the Militia modles for £18?)

They are very versatile and they can make a strong gunline, but I think that an Empire gunline comes a close second to a Dwarf one…

CDblunderbuss:

As to gunline? They can do it, but IMO the best at it are the Dwarfs. They're just more resilient, and don't run away as much. Plus the cannon etc can take runes too...
Yeah that's true, normal Dwarfs have a larger and tougher gunline than any other race. As I can see it, Dwarfs are meant to be a defensive medium ranged army being able to pick out a large amount of enemies before launching a counterattack. As opposed to CD's which I see as a short to medium ranged offensive army.
I have an Empire army of about 4000pts, mostly built around the Militia models, which are just fantastic. (Why spend £50 on 20 Greatswords, when I can make them from the Militia modles for £18?)

They are very versatile and they can make a strong gunline, but I think that an Empire gunline comes a close second to a Dwarf one..
Empire is indeed very versatile and can be shaped to almost any kind of army, that's what makes them unique to most other races. If they focus on a trait equal to that of an enemy they are facing they would be second to that enemy. For example picking melee-only troops to fight Chaos or Orcs would be quite the suicide since both of them are melee armies. Picking only ranged units against High or Wood Elves would be unwise since Elves are quite the shooters.