[Archive] Empire Hellstorm Rockets for Death Rockets idea

BLOOD AXE:

Anyone ever use extra Empire Hellstorm rockets for a Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket conversion? Maybe a friendly Empire General made the Helblaster instead and has some extra bits around.

Warlord:

Anyone ever use extra Empire Hellstorm rockets for a Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket conversion? Maybe a friendly Empire General made the Helblaster instead and has some extra bits around.

BLOOD AXE
Good luck with that. Most Empire players are finding the Helblaster a poor choice for a few reasons now.
1/ It requires a roll to hit (previously it did not) which makes it worse against skirmishers - most common use for Helblaster
2/ Now that Outriders and IC Knights are special choices, many generals rather than taking a Mortar are taking the Helstorm
3/ S5 large template is hard to ignore, especially when you use the same methodology for guessing as Cannons.

Anyway, as you can tell I am primarily an Empire General (look me up on Warhammer-Empire ;) )

The rockets from the Helstorm are little and narrow - I don't think they are bulky enough for a Chaos Dwarf army anyway. I could see some conversion opportunity for it - potentially you could use the same type of firing mechanism as this:

Back Right

Up to you, but I prefer bigger rockets for my Chaos Dwarves :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Warlord that is cool. * Kera make a note* Must attack the empier for parts.

BLOOD AXE:

It could be worth buying the Helblaster/Hellstorm set for just the bits. You could potentially make a few Deathrockets out of it. Just srape off the Empire symbols & make a frame out of plastic card. Sell or trade the bits you don’t need.

Kera foehunter:

Blood Axe are they two diffrent sets ?? are they affordable

BLOOD AXE:

Nope, they are one combined set. You can make either a Hellblaster or Hellstorm, parts for both are included. I think its $22 USA retail, less from a discounter(20%).

Willmark:

Cool looking but I agree for the death rocket it needs to be beefer. Also not squat like some are using for their conversions. Like the model thou…,

Rootbeer:

It comes with 3 stacks of 3 rockets and some spares that you can put hand held for a loader… its what I used. 3 death rockets from one box with simple conversions… of course then I decided I would rather use bolt throwers.

Kera foehunter:

Sweet thanks Blood axe . I going to get one of them . More stuff yea!!!

username:

um, hellblasters-helstorms are rare choices, not special choices.