[Archive] end time:archaon/chaos

furrie:

So it seems like the next end time book wil focus on chaos. So what do you guys/gals think will there be some cd stuff in it, like they did with the hellcannon. It could even be a start to return the cd as a proper army. Just add some cd rules with 1/2 dual kits and when the come around to making a full cd army they already have some units for it.

furrie:

So it seems like the next end time book wil focus on chaos...

furrie
How would you know that? That's just speculation or do you have a reliable source? I guess you are commenting the blathering from Warseer.

Herby
Yes it come from warseer

MadHatter:

My money is that exactly like End Times: Nagash there will be a novell to continue from where Nagash-novell left off, new large archaon modell, 4 exalted greater daemons and then a Beastman-general aswell, perhaps (a.i. If CD’s brought FW the expected profit) a Chaos Dwarf one aswell and then some pimped Great Host rules in an extra booklet to accompany a £70 book bundle. Perhaps we’ll see an overpowered Lore of Chaos Undivided aswell.

Grimstonefire:

I know the greater daemons for nurgle and khorne have been finished. In the case of the khorne one for at least 3 years now.

Personally I’m hoping for plastic chosen, but if they are single pose like most recent units then forget it.

ThorAxe:

I fear for the future of chaos dwarfs. The Nagash book makes mention of ALL the ogre kingdoms migrating west, due to every one of their mountains erupting, migrating in a scale not seen since Cathay dropped the comet on them. Chaos dwarfs might be the first to be hit by the ogres, considering the geographic location, though perhaps we will be lucky and they’ll move around us. Or archaon could help us out. Or we could simply win against all of ogredom, though I find such an event unlikely.

Grimstonefire:

I don’t think Chaos Dwarfs will get mentioned in any books to be honest.  But in an End Times scenario do people think we’d be better off marching most of our armies into the Empire next to Archaon, or closing the doors to Zharr Naggrund and waiting until the world is mostly destroyed before going out and picking up the survivors (if any) as slaves?

I think conserving our strength in Zharr Naggrund is better.

Infact if Chaos Dwarfs are mentioned it’s probably just as a light snack for the Ogres on the way west.

Veshnakar:

I am fairly afraid that the volcanos erupting in the east means the ogres are going to trample west and wipe out the Chaos Dwarfs so GW doesn’t have to bother anymore. I feel like they are trying to consolidate the world. What with the Exodus of the Lizardmen and the ogres migrating west. Only time will tell though. I say we shut our damn doors.

MadHatter:

I am fairly afraid that the volcanos erupting in the east means the ogres are going to trample west and wipe out the Chaos Dwarfs so GW doesn't have to bother anymore. I feel like they are trying to consolidate the world. What with the Exodus of the Lizardmen and the ogres migrating west. Only time will tell though. I say we shut our damn doors.

Veshnakar
Well... they DID sell alot of Chaos Dwarf armies in 2011 to now through Forge World, and we are their one single army. I think it's more likely they'll end Bretonnia than end Chaos Dwarfs, even if that has to simply do with the fact they've given us away to Forge World. IF they decide to have Ogre's ruin our fair city (Thread lightly GW, thread lightly...) then we still got our ace up the sleeve, Thommy H.

Yes, let's shut our damn doors.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Every race in Warhammer got a mention in the Nagash story and how they react as a nation. Very race but Chaos Dwarfs that is. If we weren’t mentioned in the first book, I wouldn’t expect any effort to made towards us in the second. It would have been a nice perk to see a Chaos Dwarf reference in there but obviously Chaos Dwarfs are still the red-headed step-child of GW.

Disappointing. But not unexpected.