[Archive] End Times Pt 3

Doombeard:

Rumours saying End times 3 will be released this coming Friday, approx 7pm UK time and will be Khaine, with no new models (supposedly) released, book only.

Thommy H:

Looking forward to not being able to buy this one too.

Doombeard:

If you can make ten posts which aren’t sarcastic before Xmas, I’ll give you my Glotkin book

Malorndk:

Let hope It’s better than Glottkin.

Dînadan:

If you can make ten posts which aren't sarcastic before Xmas, I'll give you my Glotkin book

Doombeard
Is this offer open to everyone, or just Thommy H? :P

MadHatter:

Will be looking forward to the new rules and options.

I STILL hope they will bring the old general mounts options back…

Doombeard:

I STILL hope they will bring the old general mounts options back...

MadHatter
What are those then?

Dinadan nope just Thommy : P

Geist:

Tommy H not a wise ass?!? This is the same man who thinks 8th ed is perfectly fine as it stands that the rules are clearly written. LOL

I think the universe would implode before he could do as you ask.

Thommy H:

Haha - I was only bemoaning the fact that GW’s marketing strategy for The End Times seems to be to get everyone excited and then sell out of product within hours. It’s frustrating because I want to buy these books but it’s impossible without jumping on the pre-orders right away. I can’t mull over the purchase or ask for them as gifts for an upcoming occasion - it’s buy now or nothing.

My snark wasn’t directed at anyone here, so apologies if it came off that way.

Wolf :

Haha - I was only bemoaning the fact that GW's marketing strategy for The End Times seems to be to get everyone excited and then sell out of product within hours. It's frustrating because I want to buy these books but it's impossible without jumping on the pre-orders right away. I can't mull over the purchase or ask for them as gifts for an upcoming occasion - it's buy now or nothing.

My snark wasn't directed at anyone here, so apologies if it came off that way.

Thommy H
Hmmm I wonder were they got that idea from...... Maybe Apple.

Plus may be they want more people to down load the digital version instead.

Doombeard:

Haha - I was only bemoaning the fact that GW's marketing strategy for The End Times seems to be to get everyone excited and then sell out of product within hours. It's frustrating because I want to buy these books but it's impossible without jumping on the pre-orders right away. I can't mull over the purchase or ask for them as gifts for an upcoming occasion - it's buy now or nothing.

My snark wasn't directed at anyone here, so apologies if it came off that way.

Thommy H
This is true, and I totally get how it can piss people off. I was just being an asshat was only messing about didn't mean to make you feel bad. But there will be a softback release eventually. I think its good they aren't flooding the market anyway and limiting people to 2 copies per web order is good too. I want to see them grow their profits slowly and if being cautious and not flooding the market is the way to do it then I don't mind. I think Friday at 7pm is a very anti-social time to do it though.

MadHatter:

I STILL hope they will bring the old general mounts options back...

MadHatter
What are those then?

Doombeard
Almost all armies could take swarms and monsters. When I was a Zharrling you'd see Saurus heroes on Dragons. There was a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer on Griffin up on ebay from this golden age of warhammer when air was something clean and sex was something dirty :cheers

TheHoodedMan:

No, that doesn`t fit well. Not everyone should ride everything.

MadHatter:

No, that doesn`t fit well. Not everyone should ride everything.

TheHoodedMan
:o

Why?

TheHoodedMan:

I played myself once a grey seer on a dragon. He then fought against the other generals on their dragons. In my opinion the armies should have a different feel to play. Not everyone should fly and not everyone should have the ability to use warmachines and so on. Warhammer has developed armies with a distinctive style of play over the years. Skaven can`t fly and have no cavallery fx.

So nothing against monsterriders, but they should fit to the army style.

Skink:

I played myself once a grey seer on a dragon. He then fought against the other generals on their dragons. In my opinion the armies should have a different feel to play. Not everyone should fly and not everyone should have the ability to use warmachines and so on. Warhammer has developed armies with a distinctive style of play over the years. Skaven can`t fly and have no cavallery fx.
So nothing against monsterriders, but they should fit to the army style.

TheHoodedMan
Gotta agree with this. I mean, it's not like I can't depict Beastmen taming a Dragon and prodding it into battle, but I do think that each army has a strong character, and that's one of the beautiful things of choosing a force to play with!

Skink:

Oh my god have you seen the new teaser video from GW?

- YouTube

Epic!

Question 1) That’s NOT the Widowmaker in Tyrion’s hands (is it :o)???

Question 2) Malekith fulfilling his destiny after 6000 years! What could that mean?

Question 3) “Gods Perish”. With Khaine in the background. They’re not going to kill the most badass Elven god I hope (unless, of course, Slaanesh kicks his butt and splinters his body scattering it through all Elven settlements across the globe, allowing elves to summon flaming statues of the god :~)

Skink:

Secret website’s text:
"The flames await the phoenix, but the dragon stands against him."

Damn, this really pumped me up to the next End Times book! Anyway, look at the sword Khaine is holding in the last picture. Then rewind back to 0:08. In that pic we can clearly see that all three elven races will battle each other, and in the center there’s Malekith dueling against Tyrion. Now look at Tyrion’s sword. So… He really IS drawing the Widowmaker! Expect to read some really nasty rules for Tyrion Ascendant (or Descendant, given the Widowmaker’s powers).

EDIT: Look at 0:20, far right. That’s clearly a Wood ELf, an High Elf and a Dark Elf. Some people on Warseer said that this book will feature new rules for magic, and 3 army lists, one of which will feature all three Elven races.

Doombeard:

I think its the Survivor army list which features all 3 and will be the one to move forward to 9th edition. All the elves get wiped out except for one army which unifies all. There are 2 lists spotted in white dwarf, one with DE & HE , one just HE

Malorndk:

I saw the unreleased WD today! Didn’t read it but I can confirm without a doubt:

1: Next book is Khaine/Elves (duh)

2: Combined list with Wood/high/dark elves

3: New magic lore (Reserve them at your local store NOW! They will get sold out instantly upon release)

I assume from the picture and what the staff manager knew:

4: Malekith will be the next phoenix king and unite the elves against Chaos.

5: New models (New Witch King?) will come later. Decembers models are the new Hobbit models set to come out with the movie