[Archive] Erupting Volcano

Bloodfire:

Hey, just found this on Youtube and was thibking it might help with any budding Chaos Dwarf players wanting to make some scenery to suit their army :hat off

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hff6Nhel0JE&feature=related

Kera foehunter:

Great find !!! where was this guy when i was in the 8th grade science projects!!!

Willmark:

From the You-tube video commentary:

Tylerchang88

"were do you get excess water"

Hrmmmmm o_O

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Scene-A±Rama is something new from Woodland Scenics. I sell it in my hobby store and in addition to the Volcano, they have a Desert Oasis kit, Water Diorama kit, Winter Effects, and a few more. There’s also the Plaster Cloth, Glues, Trees, Project books, and back ground plates.

Most of them start at $5.00 and go up to $20, depending on the size.

Not a bad way to add scenery for cheap!

The rocks from my Dwarf miner’s music Video - which I think you’ve all seen by now, was made from Woodland Scenic’s rubber rock mold and their Hydrocal plaster.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

From the You-tube video commentary:

Tylerchang88
"were do you get excess water"

Hrmmmmm o_O

Willmark
Tylerchange88 - I think they sell that for $40.00 a Litre.
Tylerchange88 - I think you can get excess water for free by combining 2 parts of Hydrogen with 1 part of Oxygen. Ask mommy for help!

two_heads_talking:

need water? just add water…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’d say he should use Vodka to mix the plaster. Might as well go for the most expensive Volcano in the world, right?

Kera foehunter:

what about getting plaster on vodka and building  a volcano ???

no water needed!!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Plastered on Vodka? :smiley:

Auretious Taak:

Plastered on Vodka? :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
WORD to That! :D

I should click that link shouldn't I but i fear it's just baking soda and vinegar (think it's vinegar can't remember that was years ago!).

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you want a lava effect, best thing to do si watch the extras for Star Wars Epsiode III: Revenge of the Willmarks. That tells you how they made the Mustafar lava system. REALLY effective, but requires some underlighting and a waterpump strong enough to pump viscous liquids :stuck_out_tongue: Still, that would be one heck of an epic wargaming table!