[Archive] Escalation League (1250)

The Gib:

Starting the 3rd round of our Escalation League. Picked up wins on the first two and need to keep the power of the Chaos Dwarves running rampage. I know what army I will be facing, but I am trying to write lists that are not army specific, so I won’t give the army here. I will, however, build armies based on the armies within the league. Therefore, here is a list of the opponents I could be facing: Dark Elves, Empire, Skaven, High Elves, a fifth army that I do not know. Essentially a bunch of T3 armies. Here is the list I have put together so far:

Daemonsmith - LVL 1 (fire),

Daemonsmith - LVL 1 (fire), Dispel Scroll

15x Infernal Guard - SB, Musician, Standard of Discipline

20x Hobgoblin Cutthroat - Bows, SB, Musician

Bull Centaurs - Full Command, Gleaming Pennant, Shields

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Magma Cannon

Hell Cannon

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders - Musician, Spears

A couple of ideas behind this. I am not sure about the two daemonsmiths, this is mainly for the re-rolls and taking two fireballs per turn. The bull centaurs are meant to hold op units. The unit is 165 pts with a 2+ save. I will run it into any large units that can’t hurt it or anything fast. With T5 the S3 units are unlikely to grind through them. I want to run the Hell Cannon, but I do not have the model. I have bought one off a guy on Dakka, but I am not sure it will come in before the game. If I cannot run it I though about trying a few K’daai or maybe increase the daemonsmiths levels. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

The Gib:

Update to this list:

Daemonsmith - Dispel Scroll, Charmed Shield, Lore of Fire

Daemonsmith - Chalice of Blood and Darkness, Lore of Metal, Level 2

20x IG - SB, Musician, Standard of Discipline

3x Bull Centaurs - Full command, Gleaming Pennant, Great Weapons, Shields

2x Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Magma Cannon

5x Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders - Spears, Musician