[Archive] Escalation league (600)

The Gib:

I am trying to get started in a progression league at the local store. Need some help on my first list. The league will start out at 500 points and right now I do not know what armies will be there. Below is the list I can up with for this.

EDIT

First round of the league has been upgraded to 600 points.   Here is my list, wanted to see what people thought of it.  As of right now the armies in the league are as follows:

Empire

CD (me)

High Elves

Dark Elves

Skaven

Daemonsmith - LVL 2, Enchanted Shield

12 Infernal Guard - GW, Gleaming Pennant, SB

Deathshrieker Rocket

Magma Cannon - Hellbound

Not sure if I need Hellbound as I don’t forsee going against Ethereal.  Not sure who I play first yet.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s pretty hard to go wrong with only 500 points. I think you should do fine with that list.

Nurion:

Only problem is that hobgoblins is unitsize 20+. Other than that it looks solid! :slight_smile:

ViLe:

well 500 points is not much. We played a campaign in our local club with 1000 points on the lowest battles and of course of the whiny german whfb players, with special restrictions. Well, i played Skaven, but it was still hard to build a list.
I just thought a little bit and i would say, with 500 points your list ist ok. I would just advice to change a few things. Here is an example:

0 Lord
1 Hero: 125 Pts.   25.0%
1 Core Unit: 205 Pts.   41.0%
1 Special Unit: 100 Pts.   20.0%
1 Rare Unit: 70 Pts.   14.0%

1 Hero    

Daemonsmith Sorcerer, General
+  Charmed Shield, Dispell Scroll
+  Lore of Fire
- - - > 125 Points

1 Core Unit    

14 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Musician, Standardbearer, Champion
+  Gleaming Pennant
- - - > 205 Points

1 Special Unit    

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher
- - - > 100 Points

1 Rare Unit    

5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders, Speere, Musician
- - - > 70 Points

Total Points The Legion of Azgorh : 500
I equiped the hero and switched the bowmen goblins into wolf riders. The magic banner is also nice, it could save you from some unlucky situations. :wink:
If needed you can swap the charmed shield from your smith for an ironcurse icon. Just one made ward save would pay for it.

The Gib:

Updated list

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

The Gib:

Found out yesterday I will play High Elves. Need help with which lore to take. I am leaning towards metal, mainly because I have never used it. Fire would I think also do well. Death I think would be less useful as there will be very little need for sniping in a game of this size.

gashnag:

Found out yesterday I will play High Elves.  Need help with which lore to take.  I am leaning towards metal, mainly because I have never used it.  Fire would I think also do well.  Death I think would be less useful as there will be very little need for sniping in a game of this size.

The Gib
we had an escalation league at my store lore of fire is the best for games where the highest caster lv is 2 the sig spell fire ball is so flexible with 3 casting levels at 500 to 600 points you may see dragon helm and dragon gem pendant but that wont help a unit vs 2D6 str 4 hits :) I took at 500 lv1 fire w/ enchanted shield and ruby ring of ruin so could cast fire ball twice per turn