[Archive] ETC currently voting on allowing CD

Kronus:

Formal voting has begun on whether to allow CD, in particular the LOA, in the ETC. The relevent thread can be found here:

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=98264

Currently over twice as many votes in favor. Lets hope the situation holds true or even better improves to an unassailable majority.

On a side note you can get a better idea of some of their initial thoughts on the subject by looking at this thread:

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=93196

Thommy H:

Couldn’t this have gone in the same thread? Do we really need to give this much attention to this group of dangerously insane deviants and their alternate-universe interpretation of Warhammer?

Kronus:

Quite possibly Thommy.

I would not have have ordinarily started a new thread in the slightest but the title of the last one seemed to suggest something substantially different to this post (i.e. clearly negative rather then potentially positive). Personally I have no views one way or another on this matter, I don’t play comp locally and simply stumbled across it, and would be happy for a mod to merge the thread should it be deemed appropriate.

Baggronor:

Some of that posturing on twf is frankly cringe-inducing lol.

Talk about taking things a bit too seriously.

For my part, I hope they allow them; anything that raises the general acceptance of CDs gets a thumbs up from me, even if it does involve the ETC crowd and their unique version of Warhammer :slight_smile:

gIL^:

The CD list is very weak, It’s only the Destroyer that is overpower.

Rid the Destroyer and everything would be ok. Maybe fix the iron Daemons rules.

Discoking:

I wouldn’t say they were overpowered at all.

No more powerful than Chaos Warriors anyway.

Samanos:

I really hope they are allowed.

PS: I am really tired seeing comments like: ETC sucks, in every thread related to it (and im sure many others are)

can the people that do not like this rulepack simply ignore threads that talk about it?

JonJon:

If I dont like something I have the right to say so, I think they are silly and self important and like most fairness doctrines there not all that fair

Jon

Satan:

I really hope they are allowed.

PS: I am really tired seeing comments like: ETC sucks, in every thread related to it (and im sure many others are)
can the people that do not like this rulepack simply ignore threads that talk about it?

Samanos
I +1 this. People are allowed to speak their minds, but this reeks of pettiness sometimes.

Samanos:

Jon of course y have the right to say ur opinion, all im saying is that in ALL threads related to ETC (and not just in this forum) we have the same people saying again and again that ETC is bu2@@@@it. Yes ok this is ur opinion, we understand but the other people are really tired of this hostile behaviour against this rulepack. I am tired of seeing such threads filled with negative comments becauce people do not like it.

DAGabriel:

10 yes,6 no atm. Since i am no tournament player i am vastly indifferent to the ETC,but a yes would be a step in the right direction and an argument against all those people saying “i won`t play against a FW-Army”. Sadly Team USA voted no!

Discoking:

It looks like to me that the only reason why people have voted “no” is:

1. There aren’t enough Chaos Dwarf players (to play against for game experience)

2. Players cannot find the the book/rules easily enough in order for a read/gander at how Chaos Dwarfs operate.

What a bunch of pu**ies! …

Insert “pp” for the faint hearted.

I think it’s kinda selfish to not allow players who have been waiting for a book for 10+/20+ years.

Rickie:

No idea really what ETC is all about since I live in sweden. And here in sweden they have some kind of comp thingy. And they have included the LoA list in it.

Seems that most tournys here follow it, and who knows i might actually atend one sometime (you never know right?).

Here is I hoping a link to the latest writeup from them, seems they are overly cautios of the destroyer, thinking it’s more awsome then dubbel hydra or abombs.

Account Suspended

The Besieger:

No idea really what ETC is all about since I live in sweden. And here in sweden they have some kind of comp thingy. And they have included the LoA list in it.
Seems that most tournys here follow it, and who knows i might actually atend one sometime (you never know right?).

Here is I hoping a link to the latest writeup from them, seems they are overly cautios of the destroyer, thinking it's more awsome then dubbel hydra or abombs.
http://forum.sverok.se/download/file.php?id=2736

Rickie
Thx for the link.
ETC tournaments just try to bring a other game with all their changes.
And sry we cant talk about a warhammer game when the change some basic rules of a army book or the basic rulebook.
Nice work of this people for the Swedish Warhammer Tournament rules.
This i a looooots beter system.

Satan:

Here is I hoping a link to the latest writeup from them, seems they are overly cautios of the destroyer, thinking it's more awsome then dubbel hydra or abombs.
http://forum.sverok.se/download/file.php?id=2736

Rickie
We use both comp systems and ETC in Swedish tournaments. BSK for example uses ETC, whilst Gothcon is comp this year (can't recall if it's the same every year).

I have never seen a professionally organized tournament in Sweden in the last few years that did not utilize either the comp or ETC as a basis.

eudaimon:

Thankfully, as a “dangerously insane deviant”, I can choose to ignore Thommy and other’s comments and ascribe them to ignorance. I am sure that Thommy hasn’t tried to organise a global tournament taking into account a multitude of gaming cultures, interpretations, languages and preferences, so his comments can be forgiven. And of course anyone is welcome to play the game anyway they like. And people like Thommy are correct, it is ETChammer, not warhammer, but that is something you have to live with sometimes when you are dealing with a multitude of gaming cultures, interpretations, languages and preferences.

Anyway, this deviant and his dangerously insane teammates voted yes to CDs. I hope the vote will carry.

DAGabriel:

Looks like 11 yes to 6 no of 38 possible votes (as far as i understood the Team Thread), even if there seems to be a discussion about who thinks himself captain of Team Northern Ireland. If everyone votes we need 9 more yes votes.

@ eudaimon: know how hard it is to organize tournaments, even if i did it in sports where the rules are more easy to define. The best compromise is the one everybody hates.

eratu13:

As Northern Ireland captain and a band wagon jumping Chaos Dwarf player as I love the forge world models I am obviously in favor but had thought I better point out the troll even if it did get us another vote ( someone else would have noticed anyway sadly). He also voted on another issue as Ireland captain I know the Irish captain too and while he is the worlds friendliest bloke he is also into MMA so wouldnt want to be the one telling him someone has deposed him as captain

DAGabriel:

@ eratu13: you from the Under Empire? Believe i have read sth from u there. Nice to have you and Eudaimon as CD fans voting.

gIL^:

As Northern Ireland captain and a band wagon jumping Chaos Dwarf player as I love the forge world models I am obviously in favor but had thought I better point out the troll even if it did get us another vote ( someone else would have noticed anyway sadly). He also voted on another issue as Ireland captain I know the Irish captain too and while he is the worlds friendliest bloke he is also into MMA so wouldnt want to be the one telling him someone has deposed him as captain

eratu13
Welcome friend all Dawi Zharr are welcome, The rest will be enslaved :hat off