[Archive] ETC **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Gar Shadowfame:

Does anyone managed to get into an ETC team and will play with CD?

Uzkul Werit:

I know one of the Irish team is using them.

Bolg:

Jup, I’ll be there and I’ll bring CD’s (: (:

Last year there was only one CD player, I hope there will be 2+ this year.

Bolg:

Does anyone managed to get into an ETC team and will play with CD?

Gar Shadowfame
Anyone else?

Will someone else be attending (with or whitout CD's)?

KramDratta:

I wanted to field Chaos Dwarfs, but unfortunately I’ve been vetoed :frowning:

Bolg:

I wanted to field Chaos Dwarfs, but unfortunately I've been vetoed :(

KramDratta
What? Why? What happend?? Were you there last year. (what county are you representing and what are you bringing now?)

Bolg:

Its next weekend. are there more people to say hello to?

Bolg:

So the first draft of the Rules for 2011 are up:

ETC Rules pack, 1.draft:

At ETC we will be using a LOS system. AR.com will present two alterative systems with this rules pack and asks the captains to playtest both before making a recommendation. This can be found in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=78142

Rules changes:

- Steadfast is removed if a unit is disrupted.

- Units with at least one full rank cause Disruption.

- Characters will get “look out sir” versus the following spells that automatically kill models or automatically remove an entire regiment: Dwellers Below, Final Transmutation, Dreaded 13th, Infernal Gateway 11-12 effect. Normal requirements for lookout sir apply.

General Restrictions:

2400 Points.

No Special or Named Characters.

Armys can be selected from any of the currently published GW Army books.

A maximum of 4 identical core choices may be taken (regardless of equipment and other upgrades).

A maximum of 5 warmachines may be taken per army

Unit sizes of are limited as follows:

- Non-infantry units (including monstrous infantry): Maximum 12 models/unit

- Infantry costing 5 points or less: Maximum 40 models/unit

- Infantry costing 6-9 points: Maximum 30 models/unit

- Infantry costing 10 points or more: Maximum 24 models/unit

Magic Restrictions:

- Apart from Winds of magic and Channeling, an army may only generate 2 PD/DD per magic phase.

- You may have units/abilities that actually would generate more than 2 extra dice, but any excess dice are lost

- Some magic items/abilities count as generating dice toward this limit.

- �?oCount as�?� items/abilities may never exceed a cumulative 2PD/DD per phase. This means that if you take the power scroll, you may not take any other items that �?ocount as adding PD/DD�?�

Item restrictions:

- Power Scroll counts as generating 2 PD and 2 DD each magic phase

- Each Loremaster ability counts as generating 1 PD each magic phase

- Items that auto-dispel a spell counts as generating 1 DD each magic phase

- Folding Fortress is not allowed

Army Specific Restrictions:

Beastmen: No Restrictions

Bretts: Trebuchet is a 0-1 choice

Dark Elves: Hydra is a 0-1 choice

Dwarves: Anvil of doom counts as warmachine; Grudge Throwers are a 0-2 choice; Max +4 dispel dice instead of +2

DOC: Flamers are a 0-1 choice. Siren Song may only be taken once

Empire: Steam Tank counts as warmachine; Tank, Rocket battery and Engineers are a 0-1 choice

High Elves: Book of Hoeth counts as generating +2PD and +2 DD; Shard and Crystal as +1DD/phase

Lizards: Salamanders are a 0-1 Choice; Terradons, Chameleon Skinks and Stegadons (any kind) are 0-2 choices; Beclaming cogitations counts as generating +2DD, Cupped hands as +2PD/phase.

Ogres: No Restrictions

O&G: No Restrictions

Skaven: Hell Pit Abomination is a 0-1 choice; Gutter runners are a 0-2 choice; Engineers are a 0-3 choice

Vampires: Wraiths and Varghulf are 0-1 choices

TK: No restrictions

WE: Wand of Wych Elm counts as generating +1 DD/phase

Warriors of Chaos: Hellcannon is a 0-1 choice. Infernal Puppet counts as generating +2DD /phase; Tendrils of Tzeench and Conjoined Homonucleus all count as generating +1 PD/Phase.
Seems like CD’s and DoW arent allowed (yet) but I do plan to go. rules as the are now are a bit iffy but its only the first draft so we’ll see what happens.

(but I do hope CD’s will be allowed, they work great in 8th and out team already has a Dwarf and O&G player (my only other armys))

Grimstonefire:

Anyone else think this is a bit too small? If this was written for 7th ed it would make more sense.

Fallen246:

Anyone else think this is a bit too small?  If this was written for 7th ed it would make more sense.

Grimstonefire
I will agree with you.

I'd at least allow 50 for 5 points or less units, 40 for 6-9 points, and 30 for 10 points or more.
I mean, I've seen Bestigor herds for Beastmen being in units of 30 and they're not *that* scary, and they're over 10 points I'm pretty sure?

Baggronor:

Skaven: Hell Pit Abomination is a 0-1 choice; Gutter runners are a 0-2 choice; Engineers are a 0-3 choice
Ehm, limit on Jezzails? Doomrocket? Storm Banner?
Vampires: Wraiths and Varghulf are 0-1 choices
Seriously? Well that limits 2 of the best things in the army, one of which is already ludicrously overpriced, leaving VCs with no other decent Rare options and only Grave Guard worth taking as Special. Lame.

Limiting unit sizes just seems unnecessary; they seem worried that people will turn up with too many troops, its surreal.

Grimstonefire:

I think there should be an upper limit to stop deathstar units, but the limit they set is definitely too small as most things can’t even make a decent Horde.  

I would have said this:

- Infantry costing 5 points or less: Maximum 50 models/unit

- Infantry costing 6-9 points: Maximum 50 models/unit

- Infantry costing 10 points or more: Maximum 40 models/unit

Or possibly even

- All infantry: Maximum 40 models/unit

As the lowest level you can get with horde infantry getting one extra rank to allow for missile casualties on the way in.