[Archive] Evil Dwarf sculpts

Brijoh:

Hello there. Its my first post here, so I thought I better introduce myself.

My name is John, and when I grow up I want to be a miniatures sculptor. :slight_smile:

I post as Khabuldashudeth or K. on a few other forums, and I wanted to share my latest project with you…

An evil dwarf, took about a day to sculpt but still working on the details (like his arms, which are separate  ;D). He’s going to have an optional face mask and big hat, for anyone who wishes to add such things to their Dwarves, as well as weapon options (hand and shield, great, blunderbuss).

I thought he was turning out well til I realised a small issue with scale;

Now I have a few other bodies ready, I’ve bulked them up like the one on the left, so hopefully fix the scale issue.

And here’s where I’d like some help. Ideas, inspiration, what you’d like to see in an evil dwarf sculpt. I hope to get a few finished by this time next week :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Obsidian:

Nice work, I actually like the fact that you’ve made him in a smaller scale!

I’ll be checking back next week to see what else you’ve come up with! :wink:

Ogrob:

You’re not offering him in solid gold anymore?

Jokes aside, looking really good, hope to see more from you.

mattbird:

looks great- would love to see a whole set! would you be casting them for sale?

Thorne:

Oooooh he looks so much cooler than the BFSP dwarf. Much like hes stooped over after several hundred years whipping hobgoblin slaves I like it lots.

Baggronor:

Nice job :slight_smile: Good to see a Dwarf who actually has real legs, unlike GWs.

clam:

Welcome to the site :hat off

Awesome miniature - looks real promissing

And don’t you worry about scale. Those BfSP’s are way to big and bulky. I would compare that one to 3rd’s and Marauders - and I would say they are very similar in scale to your dwarf.

Marauders are like 15mm to the eye - and 3rd editions 17-19mm.

Like that they are having trousers :wink:

And if these are ment for production, I would like to see a few without the curly beard as well - so I can add some new troopers to my army.

Loki:

Welcome to the site Brijoh, great way to strat by posting such a great model, he looks really good, i am already looking forward to seeing how he turns out :slight_smile:

Balseraph:

Awesome job :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see him finished :slight_smile:

Brijoh:

Obsidian - thanks… and wednesday is probably the best bet :wink: hope you don’t mind a few being bigger…

Ogrob - nah, probably just metal or resin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: there is a possiblity of plastic, but don’t hold your breath. Or you’ll die. :slight_smile:

mattbird - I would be getting a good friend of mine to cast them for me, through Troll Forged miniatures.

Baggronor - I’ve been given a bit of a compex by posting on frothers, I know people seem to hate dwarves with no knees, so the knees were the first bit I sculpted. :slight_smile:

clam - thankyou, its great to be here. What sort of beard would you like?

Thorne, Loki and Balseraph - thanks for the support. Encouragement gets me working like the whips of my masters were behind me :slight_smile:

If anyone has suggestions, art inspiration, different units they want me to try, let me hear it.

Thanks again

Firehammer:

Found your thread on Warseer, including the Mongoblin greens, and posted it in the CD discussion subforum:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6537
Didn’t find your thread here. But as you will offer them through Troll Forged, this news deserves a more central place, I think. Perhaps join us there as well.

The evil dwarf is a great sculpt. But I really love the Mongoblins for their originality. And I hope that the big hat alternative head was not part of the joke, but real. :wink:

Brijoh:

Found your thread on Warseer, including the Mongoblin greens, and posted it in the CD discussion subforum:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6537
Didn't find your thread here. But as you will offer them through Troll Forged, this news deserves a more central place, I think. Perhaps join us there as well.

The evil dwarf is a great sculpt. But I really love the Mongoblins for their originality. And I hope that the big hat alternative head was not part of the joke, but real. ;)

Firehammer
Don't worry, it wasn't a joke :) The hat would be an optional piece to go on top of the bald head, as will be the helmet/mask. I wanted to cover all bases, from people who like big hats to people who like more 'chaos armoured' to a plain old evil dwarf.

If the mongoblins are in the other thread too,I may as well leave this one and post there?

Kera foehunter:

great job !! welcome to the site !! it great to see a nother green stuff person !!

we need more

Zanko:

Really great job this mini! :hat off

I´m curious to see this guy finished and painted!

Should this minis remain a single model or would you like to create more models?

:hashut

clam:

clam - thankyou, its great to be here. What sort of beard would you like?

Brijoh
Chaotic looking beards ;)

Nah! all kinds really goats, bushy, wild, forked, cruly ect. - you name it - but don't forget doing a moustache - that's really effective creating pure evil.

But I can give you a exampels what I do like the most:

All quite ordinary - actually

Brijoh:

What I’ve done so far this last 2 days. Third one has a non-curly beard, as per request… :slight_smile:

Beginnings of a big hat. This one will fit any of them, but I’m not sure how to detail it. Looks a bit like a chaos leprechaun or a something from a marching band at the moment…

black hammer:

Those sculpts look Amazing!:o I’ll probably buy some for heros in my army!

clam:

This is just getting better and better. They look awesome - especially the non-curly guy :wink:

So how many are you planning to do?

And when will you start working on armes/weapons for these?

Looking so much forward to see the final concepts for these.

:cheers

nitroglysarine:

i like the big beard / bald look.

i can only think of one way to make them look more evil… a mullet!

Brijoh:

This is just getting better and better. They look awesome - especially the non-curly guy ;)

So how many are you planning to do?

And when will you start working on armes/weapons for these?

Looking so much forward to see the final concepts for these.

:cheers

clam
I was originally planning to do 7, and nickname them - grumpy, happy, doc, etc. Just 'cause I'm so witty. :)

But now I'm going to finish these 4, then start another 4 in 'blunderbuss' poses (more 'diagonal' than straight-on, with two kneeling). Each body will have each option, so there'll be a different set of great weapons and blunderbusses for each 4.

That's the plan, at least.

I've started 2 hand weapons and 2 great weapons already. Shield arm is the major pain. Pics soon :hat off
i like the big beard / bald look.
i can only think of one way to make them look more evil..... a mullet!

nitroglysarine
I'm guessing you mean the hairstyle, and not the fish... though both could be amusing. I'll consider that a request.... ;)