[Archive] Evil Dwarf sculpts

tjub:

Fantastic work, these dwarves are really sweet. Even thou Im a bit hat fan, I have to say that they look better without them. Atleast this far…

centauro enano:

Good work, especially in the face of the figure :cheers

nitroglysarine:

i like the big beard / bald look.
i can only think of one way to make them look more evil..... a mullet!

nitroglysarine
I'm guessing you mean the hairstyle, and not the fish... though both could be amusing. I'll consider that a request.... ;)

Brijoh
Yup, its is quite a funny do.

Nazhur:

Looks really intersting. Also very good that you make them with big hats, thats awsome :slight_smile:

Brijoh:

I’ve took the big hat off, trying to sculpt a few more at the moment.

Here are some pics of the same dwarf with two of the optional face masks

black hammer:

The masks look really good! the face of the skull one looks a bit small though.

tjub:

Is that a CD in a burka? :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work, I like your stuff alot. Too me they look almost like evil halflings, small and cute!

Brijoh:

I’m waiting at the moment to see if I should send these 4 out to be cast. They are done with hw&s (one has a great weapon), and a choice of 4 face masks. No hats though, couldn’t get them right :frowning:

While I do though, I’m working on some War Centaurs, command for the unit, and a special super secret lord :wink:

As always, I’m open for suggestions, and I’ll show pics when I can get some decent ones (bloody winter… :))

Borador:

Very nice work, looks promising. Keep up the good work!
I do find it a pity ( well that’s expressed way to harsh, but I can’t find another word for it which is a softer expression xD ) that they are a bit tiny, but they look very nice so who cares.

:hat off

chipie_ambrosia:

Absolutely beautiful. How do you begin the head? Is it on the torso or separate.

These bald guys look even better without the hats.

Brijoh:

These 4 are done. Masks are interchangeable too.

Had to give up on hats, for now. I was getting it wrong so often, and it was making the putty atop the heads go ‘ragged’. Once I have casts I’ll add hat options.

@chipie_ambrosia - I do the torso, then place a half-sphere on top, and flatten where the face will be. Once thats cured, add detail then the beard.

@Borador - the next ones will be bigger. I admit these were a bit on the small side.

Sjoerdo:

Nice!

I would put a liitle more effort in the the two hammers, too look too soft, and realy take away from the rest of the sculpt.

Love the faces, but not a fan of the masks (too big)!

Lovely stuff!

clam:

Very, very nice. I love them - and think the size of these are perfect (for the very old school guys here - that is :wink: )

But like Sjoerdo - I’m not that keen on these two

The heads looks really big/to big (IMHO). The other two looks fine to me.

What’s the weapon on the 3rd guy? His hand is covering it up pretty much - is it a mace? Think the weapon should have a bit more volume, so it shows.

And last, I think the shields could benefit from a bit more work- the look ‘too clean/plain’ right now. Maybe add some chains, skulls, more rivets or …!

But as I started out - a very good job - and should the be produced - I’m sure I would buy some and add a small unit of these to my army.

Any chance you might do standard bearers/musicians, too?

Alfract:

The one with the big helmets kinda looks like the guys from Castle Crashers. a bit like this.

(No offense Brijoh)

Brijoh:

Damnit, Alfract - you discovered my concept art :smiley:

In the first pic of my last post, weapons go; hammer, pick, mace, axe. I’m not sure which the second hammer is, but I’ll have a go fixing the first one.

Also - shields and helmets seem to have gathered a resounding NO!, so any ideas you have to improve them are welcomed :slight_smile:

Am working on a standard bearer and musician, but I’m not sure what instrument they’d use?

Zanko:

I really like these minis!

Will you release them?

:hashut

clam:

Also - shields and helmets seem to have gathered a resounding NO!, so any ideas you have to improve them are welcomed :)

Am working on a standard bearer and musician, but I'm not sure what instrument they'd use?

Brijoh
I do like the masks - I just find the too big especially the first two. Almost as wide as their shoulders. So my advice would be cast them and then redo their heads - but similar in style.

And I belive you will find the interweb useful finding inspiration for shields. You can always start looking at the various artwork from World of Warcraft.

I don't think we have any traditional instruments - but blowing horns and drums have always been popular. So why not a creepy looking daemonic horn or a drum made from human skin.