[Archive] Extensive Assault on Black Reach Photos

Xander:

http://www.thepainteddragon.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1193.0

Sample:

That’s a big Ork! :hat off

al-hashut:

Definately on my to buy list. Orc slaves for my dawi zhar, copter bits to mess around with and a marine army to boot. All for 40quid, certainly bucks the GW trend of late

Ghrask Dragh:

Impressive stuff, looks like a good kit.

Kera foehunter:

so is this going to be a cheep box 45.00 ???

zorn sabretooth:

NOB!!! (let it be known i was referencing the big ork xander was talking about)

( sees helicopters , thinks of apocalypsenow, makes note that that would be a great scenario)

two_heads_talking:

so is this going to be a cheep box 45.00 ??????

Kera foehunter
I believe the cost is going to be 60 dollars US.. I don't know what that will be for the other countries.. 45 quid maybe?..

As to the big ork, in a side by side comparison shot, the boss is actually taller than a terminator.. that big ork is only a nob.. he's a shorty compared to the boss.

Theory_Man:

Looks like a good deal.

Side Note:

I love seeing space marine leaders not wearing helmets, especially when they are wearing terminator armor.

It happens in Warhammer too. Why do leaders choice not to wear helmets but the normal grunt does?

two_heads_talking:

In the days of old, when there was no such thing as microphones and intergrated helmet radios. The leaders would take off their helmets to be heard over the din of battle. they would keep their battle standard close by so that he could relay information to the other leaders and they too would call out…

helmets would either muffle or completely block the ability to convey commands.

KRUG_666:

I pre-ordered 5 boxes…oh yeah…

Thommy H:

It happens in Warhammer too. Why do leaders choice not to wear helmets but the normal grunt does?

Theory_Man
Two-Heads-Talking is right about the real-world reason, but for miniature wargaming, it allows you to put a bit of character into your leaders. Most people prefer their generals, champions (and, by extension, squad leaders in 40K) and other characters to have bare heads so they can look a bit different and interesting.

Cryonicleech:

(cryonicleech drools for hours while staring at the beautiful Black Reach boxes)

those things are nice.

Also,

Their are many examples of the normal grunt showing his face in Warhammer Fantasy. Empire, Elves of any kind, Dwarves, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings (to an extent) etc. But both Thommy and Two-Heads-Talking are right.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I pre-ordered 5 boxes.....oh yeah.....

KRUG_666
you do know you can buy the units sepretly:P

also i don't know if to use the nobz or boyz as my big'un i would use nobz but theres only 5 of them

KRUG_666:

I pre-ordered 5 boxes.....oh yeah.....

KRUG_666

also i don't know if to use the nobz or boyz as my big'un i would use nobz but theres only 5 of them

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Not the deff koptas....the boyz will be added to my other 250 boyz and the nobz will make great ard boyz:hat off

Kera foehunter:

well i have to get a box. Yea more orcs and a cool Koptas

Doogle:

My store actually has a full set on display right now mostly painted, and I might add, that box set is impressive. The new orcs looks fantastic, and the warboss that comes in the box looks something to be reckoned with. The new space marines that come in the box are excellently done also, with their commander being a fantastic sculpt. If I did not love chaos so much, I would buy the box.

Matter of fact, I might buy it anyways just because I want the new rules, and the models are amazing. I can always convert the marines into chaos.

Hashut’s Blessing:

KRUGG_66, that is a LOT of money and models :stuck_out_tongue: What will you do with the Space Marines and spare stuff?

Doogle, convert them to Chaos. It’s easy. Remove any obviously Imperial insignia, remove the sensor things on the Terminator heads and make a few head-shape adjustments, then paint differently. Add any other bits you wish :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, it’s only $60? But, it’ll be £40… The current conversion rate says it should be closer to $75-$80…

I’m tempted to get it and flog the extras on eBay or something. Maybe some of the Orks too… Maybe.

slev:

Godbob and his jolly rogers
GW has stated that the models in this box will not be available elsewhere. While they may be similar to 40K models, they are not the same.

Regardless, I'm buying mine for the Deffkoptas. My GW store is having a "swaps morning" this Satday, so I can find lots of kids playing Marines, and swap my marines for their greenskins.

This process gives me six Deffkoptas for £40. The metal Deffkoptas, which aren't as nice and tend to fall over, are £12 each. I get free other figures. Loads more Nobz and Boyz.
Wait, it's only $60? But, it'll be £40... The current conversion rate says it should be closer to $75-$80...

Hashut's Blessing
I think that's down to lower land and labour costs in the US making it cheaper to physically sell the product over there.

demonicprince20:

the actual box set is pretty awesome. but I don’t get how the orks win with the way the sides are set up. plus why the warboss not have a powerclaw dang you gw and hating orks xD

slev:

A Power Klaw is wasted on a Warboss anyway.

And Okrs win cos we is da best!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

GW has stated that the models in this box will not be available elsewhere. While they may be similar to 40K models, they are not the same.

slev
yes i know (silly,billy:P) i was just talking about the ork and SM but the box only unit are looking great now what to use that warboss for:)