[Archive] Eye color **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Goltor Lintrepide:

Hey all, I’m about to paint my first not helmeted chaos dwarf model, but I don’t know which color to use for the eyes. I know the Tamurkhan book talk about red eyes somewhere (I don’t remember the exact page), but I was more likely going to paint them entirely white or black. Which color do you use?

Kera foehunter:

When i decide to paint eyes i use white and black

Hashut’s Blessing:

I tend not to paint eyes, to be perfectly honest. I guess most of my models have closed helms where it can’t be seen and those that do have visible eyes are just flesh coloured because either the sahdow means you can’t tell or their eyes are shut, lol.

To be fair, most of my stuff is getting repainted (or I’m saying I’m going to), so it may be an issue then. Really, the colour you paint them should be determined by their skin colour and the palette of their clothes, armour and weapons no point in painting them red if their armour and clothes are red, after all.

Da Crusha:

hmm I guess I hsould have read them all before clicking. let it be known my black eyes vote is supposed to be normal white with black dot

Abecedar:

slightly off white with one of the very dark greys or "light’ black pupils

I keep red and yellow for hobgoblins and wolves

Vogon:

I too use off white (bleached bone) and a black dot for eyes.

Beasts, monsters, goblinoids and lizardmen tend to get different colours but anything with a human type skin tone gets a human type eye.

Cheers

Vogon

Averrucus:

german grey sclera with yellow dot iris. like this:

http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2011/11/un-go-ep6-002.jpg

beware: 1)it’s a big pic 2) she will stare in your soul. or where you feel hungry, if you haven’t one.

Ravenswood:

“”…and they are commonly grey-fleshed and red of eye."

Tamurkhan, p164

:slight_smile:

14feet:

I tried painting my Dawi Zharr with red eyes but they ended up looking stoned. Not that thats a bad thing. I could use red for their clothes/armor so they end up looking like stoned midget gangsta bloods. Green stuff a couple of bandanas and a few of them doing hand signs and I’ve got a cool theme going… I call em:

D.W.A

Dwarfs With Attitude.

deadlydeceiver:

I kind of create a deep shadow around the eyes and then add a small white+glossy dot.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=3843

DD

14feet:

@Herby: What?? Hashut is pleased with all forms of darkness and chaos. My theoretical thugs would bring the pain.

@DD: Well done my friend. I like the effect that the white gloss gives your mini. It’s very sinister. Thanks for the tip, I’ll be experimenting with my new IG when they arrive.

I usually paint my guys with white eyes and a black dot. I use a black felt pen for the pupil and so far it gets the job done. Nothing special but it works.

Abecedar:

bugger going with the Tamurkhan colour scheme. They can have the “common” grey skinned CD’s.

And half the time I have red eyes and look like a one eyed devil… I’m bloody well allergic to cats and dogs, so we only have three.

Kera foehunter:

I tried painting my Dawi Zharr with red eyes but they ended up looking stoned. Not that thats a bad thing. I could use red for their clothes/armor so they end up looking like stoned midget gangsta bloods. Green stuff a couple of bandanas and a few of them doing hand signs and I've got a cool theme going... I call em:
                                                                                D.W.A
                                                                       Dwarfs With Attitude.

14feet
lol and you can add spinner rims on your hellcanons :hat off
and put stripper boots and short shorts on you hobgoblin beehouches
Kera does the east side hand sign

Goltor Lintrepide:

Thanks everyone for answering the poll. :hat off

So it seems normal eyes are very popular, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to paint mine like this.

Maybe I’m gonna give a try to what you’re saying Abecedar, anyway red eyes are for green skin. :sick

Averrucus, it stares at my soul, pierces it and eats it, thank you. :hashut

Thanks for spotting the exact page Ravenswood.

I might also give a try to what you’re doing deadlydeceiver.

So thanks again, I’m gonna do some tests and come back to you with the result! :smiley: