the way i look at it all elves are evil
all men army let you down
orc and goblin alway fight each other first
chaos is  chaos
ogre are big dwarfs
dwarfs and chaos dwarfs are the rocky balboa of warhammers

Kera foehunter
This post has made my (Warhammer) life.

Seems to me that there aren't really any selfless, or goody-goody races in Warhammer. Even the high elves, goody-goodiest of them all, are really just self-righteous bints.

slev's WFRP system makes the largest sense it seems to me, and of course that applies to individuals rather than whole factions in the lore.

snowblizz:

Seems to me that there aren't really any selfless, or goody-goody races in Warhammer.  Even the high elves, goody-goodiest of them all, are really just self-righteous bints.  

Khan!
That would be correct. GW has made great effort to paint all armies as "evil" from an outside perspective and only moderately not-evil from the inside.

That has always been a strength of the 40k universe, there's no "good guys" though for a long time SMs sorta have been like that. Or at least mistakenly perceived as such.

A nice pause from the contemporary entertainment, much of it american, with clear good and bad guys.

slev:

That has always been a strength of the 40k universe, there's no "good guys" though for a long time SMs sorta have been like that. Or at least mistakenly perceived as such.

A nice pause from the contemporary entertainment, much of it american, with clear good and bad guys.

snowblizz

BilboBaggins:

An I thought Americans liked the Anti-Hero, like Richard B. Riddick - Pitch Black and Cronicles of Riddick.

We seem to like our heros dark, in comics Batman, Wolverine, Punisher and movie characters like Paul Kersey (Death Wish movies) and Insp. Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry movies) are Dark Heros.

slev:

Dark heroes are one thing, anti-heroes are another. However, they fit into a mould of right & wrong. Stuff like WFB & 40K is not so black & white, as it is all shades of grey.