[Archive] Faq 8th edition

Shakhorth:

The new faq covering the 8 edition rules for each army is now online.

Sorry to say, no CD’s nor Dogs of war.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Swissdictator:

They also are saying to ignore references to Dogs of War sadly. Though not surprising.

Nazhur:

Damn, just saw this. Guess I have only my self to blame, I should not have got my hopes up that they should actually do something for us chaos dwarfs.

Now we have to do it by ourself, as we are used too! At leasts lucky that our raving hordes still works.

Da Crusha:

shakhorth: Nice find! unfortunately I look at it and without a chaos dwarfs faq, I dont feel like I need to look at any of them.

is it time for the GREAT CHAOS DWARF REVOLT where we keep bugging GW until they give us a FAQ?

KramDratta:

Another REVOLTER has been recruited. I await instructions where & when (& perhaps how) :slight_smile:

Neil:

Any body else wondering why the Corpse Cart gets Thunderstomp, but the Warshrine doesn’t? Or is it just me?

Shame about DOW and Chaos Dwarves being left out, but it’s not really a surprise I suppose.

richard barby:

has anyone put there hand up to write a errata for chaos dwarfs or dogs and are there any time lines on it

Loki:

Good find Shakhorth time to print them out adn have a read :slight_smile:

@ Neil I am not sure about the warshrine as i have never used one but the corpse cart has always been a monster that moved as a chariot so it gets its Thunderstomp for the reason that it is a monster

Grimstonefire:

The staff and a few members have been working on an 8th ed RH errata, based partly on rumours and snippets from the book.  Now that we have the other errata and the book is out we can see what needs finalising, so hopefully it will be finished fairly soon.

If anyone has any questions they want put in it about how the RH list interacts with other lists, please pm me.

Neil:

Loki, yeah the Warshrine is a monster too.

Most other people seem to be most upset by the Steam Tank getting toughness 10. That’s going to make it hard to take down, although having said that - it is a tank.

Nazhur:

But it´s not such a big problem in 8:ed that the steamtank has T10. Because everyone wounds on a 6. That meen even a snotling can damage the steamtank! This only makes it harder for heavier weapon like bol throwers to damage the tanks. But a nice horde unit would kill it pretty fast :wink:

KramDratta:

But it´s not such a big problem in 8:ed that the steamtank has T10. Because everyone wounds on a 6. That meen even a snotling can damage the steamtank!  This only makes it harder for heavier weapon like bol throwers to damage the tanks. But a nice horde unit would kill it pretty fast ;)

Nazhur
Don't forget the armour save though.

Xander:

Relatively little seems to be amended in the few FAQs I checked.

BilboBaggins:

Xander
You expected much from GW?

Willmark:

Xander
You expected much from GW?

BilboBaggins
Not really.

Grimstonefire:

The tomb kings one is fairly substantial from what I gather, they’ve probably moved back to the middle of the grouping now.

Anonymouse:

Apart from the things that are still unclear to me in the wording used (HE, especially the Teclis-parts), which could be blamed on the wine I just had, it seems to me the faq has left no room for interpretation whatsoever (a.k.a. dumbing down so everyone understands).

“Page 22 �?” Fear Elves

Add �?oFor Goblins or Elves, do not count mounts, only riders.�?�

at the end."

It seems to me GW assumes I have the mental capacity of a turnip. I feel slightly insulted :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

But if they left “room for interpretation” (as they usually do in their publications…) everyone would complain about how badly worded and vague the rules were. Which they do. So, you know, they can’t really win, can they?

dedwrekka:

Xander
There's rumblings in the Skaven community due to some changes.

Stormbanner now effects all shooting
BSB no longer works from the back ranks if you deny a challenge
Rats created from killing the Abomination give no VPs
Poisoned attacks from the Scavenge pile can now effect ranged attacks
Units of 2 packmasters and 2 rat ogres are now ok
Queek can potentially auto-hit, but only against low WS units.

Not a change, but a big question answered, Steadfast can be combined with Strength in Numbers to potentially lead to huge ld10 stubborn skaven units.

Swissdictator:

I daresay the TK might be more than in the middle again, they’re somewhere between the top and middle. In other words if 1 was “old book DE”,  5 was “just plain average”, and 10 was “7th edition Daemons” I think TK are now a 7.5 or so.

Kinda stoked on the TK, as I won Settra a while back in a raffle, and I’ve been collecting TK here and there for a while. Plus Settra only needs 2500 points to play now, which I suspect won’t be hard to find.