[Archive] FAQ Development Thread

eratu13:

Do Demonsmith’s have dark forged weapons or ensorcelled weapons if you read the bestiary it talks constantly about demonsmiths in all the 6 descriptions of the random abilities it never mentions ensorcelled blades at all its only in the army list section is it possible this is another typo like overlord/deathmask. Also it says you never duplicate abilities and if only a prophet can have them its hardly likely to matter given the relative points of prophets

The only place it mentions ensorcelled weapons and what they do is in the ironsworn entry there is not a mention of it in the demonsmith section

khedyarl:

If the Daemonsmith has Darkforged Weapons {which seems unlikely, given that it’s in their points-profile, isn’t it?} that makes them an incredible deal for 95 points.

blowie:

Tomb Kings follow the ordinary magic rules now.

Thommy H
So, yes it does then.

klemanius:

In the rules for the hailshot blunderbuss it states 'if 10 models in the unit are firing on the same target…" and again for the bonus for 20 models. Do you count only blunderbuss firing on the target or characters with other shooting weapons too?

(I assume you don’t but I think its an important clarification to prevent lawyering)

Time of Madness:

Do Demonsmith's have dark forged weapons or ensorcelled weapons if you read the bestiary it talks constantly about demonsmiths in all the 6 descriptions of the random abilities it never mentions ensorcelled blades at all its only in the army list section is it possible this is another typo like overlord/deathmask. Also it says you never duplicate abilities and if only a prophet can have them its hardly likely to matter given the relative points of prophets

The only place it mentions ensorcelled weapons and what they do is in the ironsworn entry there is not a mention of it in the demonsmith section

eratu13
Very nice find! I've located what you are talking about now. I always assumed they had darkforge weapons like Prophets. But if you look at the army list entry it states they come with a ensorcelled hand weapon. That HAS to be a typo! Will add this to the list.

@khedyarl - I always assumed they had a darkforged weapon (that's how I've been playing it). The bonus isn't that great for the daemonsmith as he shouldn't be finding himself in combat.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

I'd like clarification about the multi-wound on the DQM.  Is it only under the hole?  Or the whole template.  I know the logic that some will say just under the hole due to the bit about "same as stone thrower", but I'd like clarification from them.

Groznit Goregut
I added this.
In the rules for the hailshot blunderbuss it states 'if 10 models in the unit are firing on the same target..." and again for the bonus for 20 models. Do you count only blunderbuss firing on the target or characters with other shooting weapons too?

(I assume you don't but I think its an important clarification to prevent lawyering)

klemanius
Pretty clear that you have to have 10 models with blunderbusses (not other types of shooting weapon). So if you had 9 blunderbusses and a castellan in the unit with a fireglaive to make the unit 10 strong you would not get the bonus. I'll hold off on adding this one.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

Now that people are starting to get the book, have you noticed anything else that we may have missed?

I’m looking to finish this up by mid Nov and submit it.

If you have any input on how the questions are worded etc please let me know.

Time of Madness

Baggronor:

Maybe an amendment for Breath of Hatred: It is a Remains in Play spell, does this mean the unit has hatred re-rolls as long as the spell remains in play? Coz why else would it be Remains in Play and not an Augment?

They’d have 19 S5 attacks and still stick around because of the ward save.
They’d stick around for a bit, sure. They wouldn’t scratch the Destroyer though - 6s to wound and a 4+ ward. He’ll grind them down through sheer weight of hits - auto str 4 flaming on btb plus his 7-9 attacks plus Thunderstomp. Add in Breath of Hatred or Enchanted Blades of Aiban and the Destroyer is just mental.

khedyarl:

Played as stated, Baggronor, I would assume that the reason it is remain in play is to allow you to cast it early on and save your dice for another turn - that may not be the intention, but I don’t see any wording on it that might suggest they get any kind of eternal hatred.

KramDratta:

Pls note that English is not my main language, so you might already know this.

1.Clarifications/Typos?

a. Infernal Guard Musician is 10pts, Infernal Ironsworn Musician is 5pts

b. Iron Daemon - Thunderstomp or Impact hits (just to be sure that they meant it to be held up by an eagle)

c. Ash Storm - Must the spell be limited only on the caster or can the spell be cast as long as the wizard casting the spell is one of the targets? Ex Lore of Life - Earthblood spell is cast on wizard & unit, spells with all units within x inches.

d. Flames of Azgorh - Direct damage spell that needs line of sight?? As per BRB FAQ template can be placed on top of a unit.

2. Errata

a. Hell Hammer - … model must PASS an Initiative test…

Grimstonefire:

Now that people are starting to get the book, have you noticed anything else that we may have missed?

Time of Madness
Can you add this please:

Q.
Can you clarify whether the Legion of Azgorh is a list that can be taken in a Great Host? If so, how do the Great Host rules work with the Legion of Azgorh?

Nicodemus:

Pls note that English is not my main language, so you might already know this.

a. Infernal Guard Musician is 10pts, Infernal Ironsworn Musician is 5pts

KramDratta
Not to mention the fact that full command between IG and Ironsworn are different. If that's intentional, that's fine... but there's enough other errors of omission/oversight that it makes one wonder if this was a well thought-out plan because a unit of Ironsworn are more expensive than IG and it was thought that their command should be cheaper to offset that, or if it was something that was missed in a final round of updates and didn't have any thought put into at all :P

Baggronor:

Hobgoblin animosity - Bloody murder: Does the +1 to Hit apply to shooting as well as close combat? Its doesn’t specify.

Iron Daemon: Do you roll to hit in melee against the crew’s WS like a chariot? It doesn’t specify (assuming you do).

BC base size: What is it?

KramDratta:

Add the following:

Q: Can the Iron Daemon stand & shoot? (It does not have the slow to fire, is not classed as a warmachine, and would take care of that eagle problem!!! :slight_smile: )

rabotak:

Add the following:

Q: Can the Iron Daemon stand & shoot? (It does not have the slow to fire, is not classed as a warmachine, and would take care of that eagle problem!!! :) )

KramDratta
and while we're at it: was the ids thunderstomp intended as thunderstomp or maybe rather random attacks?

KramDratta:

and while we're at it: was the ids thunderstomp intended as thunderstomp or maybe rather random attacks?

rabotak
Now that I'm thinking about it, could it be that it works like the War Mammoth & thunderstomp everything??

Nicodemus:

For sake of completeness, does the Dark Castellan in the boxed notes on BSBs really mean Infernal Castellan? Like the Overseer/Deathmask oversight, this one should just be cleared up as a matter of completeness.

KramDratta:

Another FAQ:

What happens when Flames of Azgorh is cast on a unit in a building & you roll a hit? Do all models get to pass a Toughness test or only one of the unit? If one, who chooses which it is (if there is one or more characters)?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Templates hitting buildings are covered fairly well in the basic rules.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Thommy H:

Yeah, a lot of these queries aren’t really worth asking. Maybe we should have a thread for FAQs that we try to answer first and then anything the community is still confused about we can pass on to WF.

Otherwise we’re going to look like idiots.