[Archive] FAQ Development Thread

Time of Madness:

One final update to be posted Thursday. I’ll leave it up for a couple of days after finishing it for some final changes before it gets submitted.

Time of Madness

BeeZharr:

We’ve been discussing elsewhere about whether the Lammasu can use the upgrades in the SoM book. In the letter of the rules there is no problem but it seems wrong to me somehow as the upgrades are written for SoM games, and I’m not sure FW intended this. A note of clarification from them on this would be nice.

cornixt:

All the Lammasu rules are intended for SoM games, not sure why you’d think the upgrades are different somehow.

zhatan87:

Underlined by “We are legion” member :

What about the spear and bull centaur renders : monstruous beast, but not monstruous cavalry : they treat spear like infantry model.

Is it the way intended to play the spear with bull centaur renders?

Many of us thought that the way to play spears was for +1S when charging… Not fighting in 3 ranks with 45 pts models…

klemanius:

Good spot Zhatan, that also allows centaurs to get parry saves as well.

Wifstrand:

All the Lammasu rules are intended for SoM games, not sure why you'd think the upgrades are different somehow.

cornixt
Because they chose to write "See Warhammer Storm of Magic" instead of brewing up a set of rules for the Lammasu. It would be nice to have it officially clarified so I don't have to deal with someone who has a different understanding of the intention with regards to mounting Sorcerer-Prophets on Storm of Magic Lammasu. I doubt I'll have issues, but if someone starts mulling over the subject it's nice to be able to stop a discussion dead in its tracks with an official FAQ.

Also, for the FAQ: In games of SoM, when will the Lore of Hashut be ascendant? As I just posted in the relevant thread I'm thinking maybe it should be like the other army specific lores and receive a +4 to cast when the right lore is spun. Fire/Death or Fire/Metal are logical candidates.

nilbog:

Does a hobgoblin khan mounted on a wolf gain the fast cavalry rule?

Thommy H:

Does a hobgoblin khan mounted on a wolf gain the fast cavalry rule?

nilbog
Why would it?

And I think what Cornixt is saying, Wifstrand, is that since everything about the Lammasu (including its profile, special rules, etc.) was "intended for SoM games", it's a bit arbitrary to pick out its upgrades as not appropriate for ordinary games.

Visitor Q:

Q. Can you take a magic weapon when already equipped with a Darkforged Weapon?
A.

Time of Madness
This was a question I emailed Forge World myself as soon as I got Tamurkhan and browsed the Chaos Dwarf army. Haven't got a reply yet.

However I do notice that in the description for the Dark Mace it notes that the users mount will be wounded by the special ability. Considering only Sorcerer Prophets can use mounts this would suggest that models with Dark Forged Weapons can take a magic weapon.

(For what its worth I would say the magic weapon replaces the dark forged weapon, that is to say in background terms the magic weapon is the darkforged weapon)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wifstrand: It can’t be ascendant unless you count it as a Lore of Chaos. Also, if I remember rightly, the lores tht are ascendant are opposite each other on the winds wheel.

Regarding the Lammasu - it’s instead of a points value; it specifies look at SoM. Therefore, you use the Lammasu scrll as ordinary, thusly you have all of the options since those come into its pricing.

nilbog: If it doesn’t state it has Fast Cavalry, it ain’t Fast Cavalry.

The Besieger:

My question :slight_smile:

A bale taurus is a great taurus?

When not…the special rule Fuelled by Fire

is also for a great taurus?

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you’re asking what I think you are: Nope. A Great Taurus is in SoM, Taurus is in LoA and Bale Taurus is different to Taurus and in LoA.

The Besieger:

Page 185 :slight_smile: you have great taurus.

On this page you have also the stats for a bale taurus.

So i think a bale taurus is a great taurus :slight_smile:

Because its note on the same page and under the title great taurus.

(same style like the done for the k’daai chars)

On the same page you have the special rules.

Both taurus models have blazing body , flaming attacks ,

fly , large target and terror.

For the special rule breath weapon the say bale taurus only.

And for the special rule fuelled by fire the talking about a great taurus.

Hashut’s Blessing:

A Bale Taurus has improved stats. It’s a different thing :wink:

Time of Madness:

Ok folks I have updated the list. Is there any last changes/edits people want to make before I submit it?

*Please note, I’m trying to stay away from Great Host questions and just focus on the LoA list at this point.

Time of Madness

wallacer:

Good job, Time of Madness.

You’re doing Lord Hashut’s work.

Spartacus:

Does Drazhoath suffer from the Sorcerer’s Curse? It is not listed under his special rules.

Visitor Q:

I emailed Forge World a week or so ago when I first got Tamurkhan with some queries. I just now received this reply.

Hi there.

We are currently in the process for formulating an FAQ for the Tamurkhan book which will be published on our Facebook page and website shortly.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd

I know its just a holding email but I thought it might useful to share anyway.

Grimstonefire:

*Please note, I'm trying to stay away from Great Host questions and just focus on the LoA list at this point.

Time of Madness
Why?

Just tag it on the end somewhere please.  My great host question is valid, it's about the LoA list and it's unanswered...  So it deserves to be in the LoA FAQ.

Time of Madness:

Does Drazhoath suffer from the Sorcerer's Curse?  It is not listed under his special rules.

Spartacus

Just tag it on the end somewhere please.  My great host question is valid, it's about the LoA list and it's unanswered...  So it deserves to be in the LoA FAQ.

Grimstonefire
Both added. The FAQ has been sent to Ead of the Forge World team.

I will let you gents know when I have received a response.
Time of Madness