[Archive] FAQ request - proposals and discussion

Bitterman:

As has been discussed (but not yet actioned) in the thread about the latest Forge World FAQ update, someone should probably start up a thread to collate questions about the Chaos Dwarf rules, for submission to Forge World for the next version of the FAQ. I have nothing else to do before I go to bed so I reckon that someone should be me! Forgive me if I’m treading on anyone’s toes.

Suggested guidelines for questions for inclusion:

• No rules change requests - clarification questions only.
  • If discussion reveals a firm solution from existing printed rules, we don’t need to ask Forge World about it.

Questions already raised in the other thread:

• How does the Dreadquake Mortar work in close combat? (To put it another way: how does it work when the Dreadquake Mortar has a Hellbound wound, crew wounds and attacks, and Slave Ogre wounds and attacks?)
  • Exactly when in the Magic Phase may the Chalice of Blood and Darkness be used - at the start, or at any point?
  • Should the Great Taurus be included when Bale Taurus is mentioned, for the Blazing Body rule in the latest version of the errata?

The following questions have previously been answered in emails from FW but have not yet appeared in a FAQ:

• Death shrieker moves to closest unit when marker does not hit a unit. I asked them wheter it moves towards the closet point of the closest unit or the centre of the closest unit as per normal Warhammer rules. They replied the latter. (KramDratta)
  • Their reply: Death shrieker demolition charge is a template that can hit only one model, which can take a Look Out Sir as per normal Warhammer rules. If a monster and rider are hit, both suffer the S8 D6 wounds like a cannon. If it hits a building it counts as a template (D6 Strength 8 each at D6 wounds). (KramDratta)
  • Flames of Azgorh Toughness test. The model under the hole takes a normal look out sir roll for the Strength 6 D6 Wounds hit and another lookout sir roll for the Toughness test. (KramDratta)
  • K’Daai Toughness Tests - They happen at the start of the owning Chaos Dwarf turn only (after the first), not at every player’s turn. (KramDratta, tvandyke)
  • In Storm of Magic, what Cataclysm spells can casters with the Lore of Hashut use? When does the Lore of Hashut get Ascendancy bonuses? - Dark Magic Cataclysm spells, and Dark Magic Ascendancy. (Bitterman)

So… discuss! Are any of these questions already covered by printed rules, or otherwise not worth asking? Have any of these questions been answered in an email from Forge World but not yet in the FAQ? Any other questions we should ask?

Once we’re settled on a set of questions we think reasonably need asking, someone with more of a claim to representing CDO than me can pass them onto Forge World for consideration.

deadlydeceiver:

Looks good Bitterman! Cheers for taking the lead!

2 little things:
IMO it’s also unclear how to allocate wounds of the dreadquake against shooting attacks. (not only CC)
and
your 4th question (magical steam cannonade) is actually part of the second group, as it was already answered in a personal mail to KramDratta (I think…)

Apart from that I see every question as reasonable…
Also I think question 3 should not begin with “Should the Great Taurus…?” ^^

DD

KramDratta:

your 4th question (magical steam cannonade) is actually part of the second group, as it was already answered in a personal mail to KramDratta (I think...)

deadlydeceiver
Yes I was received their reply

Also, re base sizes I have another email from FW with almost all the current models.

burock:

here’s another q:

- When a Hobgoblin Khan is mounted on a giant wolf, will it be considered as fast cavalry as hobgoblin wolf riders are? (provided it doesn’t have any upgrades that prevent it, like light armor and shield)

KramDratta:

When a Hobgoblin Khan is mounted on a giant wolf, will it be considered as fast cavalry as hobgoblin wolf riders are? (provided it doesn't have any upgrades that prevent it, like light armor and shield)

burock
No (unlike the Orcs & Goblins). The Hobgoblin Khan is listed under Hobgoblins & not Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders.

Bitterman:

Yes I was received their reply

Also, re base sizes I have another email from FW with almost all the current models.

KramDratta
Could you please share those emails here, or provide a link to where you posted them already?

Discoking:

Call me crazy, but I think a points deduction on Ironsworn would be an awesome FAQ.

To something like 15 points a model? That’d be nice.

Oooooih, I’d just love it.

And Fireglaives to 3 points, GW to 2 points & Blunderbusses to 4-5 points.

Screw it, let’s make our own book!

Thommy H:

Screw it, let's make our own book!
I think - I think - a few people have thought of that already.

Discoking:

I think - I think - a few people have thought of that already.

Thommy H
I know - I know - I was being sarcastic.
(Tone is only as distinct as your audience)

KramDratta:

As requested. In this email you can also see part of the discussion I was having with FW re the Iron Daemon (which goes on for a few emails after this).

I had also asked them to include a reference sheet or something similar with the official base sizes :

Sent: 05 December 2011 14:54

Subject: RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Tamurkhan

Hi there.

I can tell you that the movement rules for the Skullcracker/Iron Daemon will not be changing. Being blocked by single models such as Eagles and lone cavalry is a common problem for models of this type such as Hellpit Abominations and Doom Wheels and is a situation that you will need to develop a strategy to avoid or mitigate.

We will certainly pass on your suggestion of a reference sheet but if you need to know the base sizes of anything specifically we can tell you. The Skullcracker/Iron Daemon should ideally be on 60mm by 100 bases and the Bull Centaurs as Monstrous Cavalry should be on 50mm by 50mm bases.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd

Sinthoras:

Is there any reason why the look out sir! of the infernal engineer works different to other engineers? Imho we have a 2+ only against templates and other engineers have a 4+ against all shooting attacks.

:hat off

KramDratta:

Is there any reason why the look out sir! of the infernal engineer works different to other engineers? Imho we have a 2+ only against templates and other engineers have a 4+ against all shooting attacks.

:hat off

Sinthoras
We're Chaos Dwarfs. Other races are inferior ;)

Bitterman:

Rules (and points value) change requests won’t be in a FAQ, as much as we might want them. Nor will “why” questions. We know what the rule means, so that’s that.

The Skullcracker/Iron Daemon should ideally be on 60mm by 100 bases
Erm… really? The Skullcracker is like 150mm long or something, and that’s just the wheelbase, never mind the spikes and stuff.

Discoking:

Well, FW are obviously full of shit.

As Bull Centaurs are not cavalry, they’re beasts.

Wake up & get with it, FW - you know nothing about what you’re doing.

Baggronor:

The Skullcracker is like 150mm long or something, and that's just the wheelbase, never mind the spikes and stuff.
If they supplied a freaking base with the model, this wouldn't be an issue. :~ It's not like it's a cheap model either, irritating having to order a base from GW just for this.

deadlydeceiver:

The Great Taurus was mentioned in this interview with the guy who made FW change the BB-rule: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11401

It seems he is intended to still follow the SOM rules. Of course it should still be addressed in the FAQ!

I would consider to include the following in this question: “If it follows the rules as per Storm of Magic, may it also buy the upgrades?”

That might buy us a little bonus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

DD

entombet:

So could be possible to ask fw in next faq request cdo will send “do k’daai burn themselfs one time per game turn or one time per pleyer turn”?. The official answer would close our refferies mouths atlast.

Discoking:

Personally, I think only an idiot would think it was a Toughness Test every turn.

Look at their points cost - Then the rule - Then back at the points cost.

There’s no way it’s every player turn. Fireborn would be around 30 points each otherwise.

CopperPot:

So could be possible to ask fw in next faq request cdo will send "do k'daai burn themselfs one time per game turn or one time per pleyer turn"?. The official answer would close our refferies mouths atlast.

entombet
This has been answered at the top of this thread dude

entombet:

So could be possible to ask fw in next faq request cdo will send "do k'daai burn themselfs one time per game turn or one time per pleyer turn"?. The official answer would close our refferies mouths atlast.

entombet
This has been answered at the top of this thread dude

CopperPot
Yes i know it was answered in emails, i personaly posted the answers from three difrent emails on border princes forum, and our judges comitee answer was "we dont trust quotes from random forge world dudes, many times they were diffrent from later faq's, only official faq from fw will change the rules". They are hard headed bunch, problem is 90% of turnaments in Poland are played to balncing changes they write. So only faq from fw wich states k'daai burn themselfs once per game turn will change that.