[Archive] Fast and furious(1)

Kamphre:

Hi there!

I’m trying to do a list with very fast units (K’Daai, centaurs, etc) for 2500 points.

I’ve done a first list but I’m not sure it’ll be efficient.

Can you tell me what you think about my list and what units would you change and why?

Thanks !

My list :

Lord

- Sorc. Prophet: 565

lvl 4. Lore of Hashut. Great Taurus. Blood of Hashut.

Talisman of preservation, Enchanted shield, Healing potion, Staff of sorcery.

Heroes

- Castellan: 205

BSB, Great Weapon.

Mask of the Furnace, Iron curse icon.

- Taur’ruk : 235

Blackshard armor, Great Weapon.

Dawnstone, Other trickster’s shard, Dragon helm

Core

- 35 Infernal guards: 550

Great Weapon, standard.

Banner of Swiftness

Special

- 5 Bull Centaur Renders: 280

Great weapon. Full command group.

Gleaming Pennant

- 6 K’Daai Fireborn: 340

Champion

Rare

- K’Daai Destroyer: 325

The goal is to have a “fast and strike hard” list. But there is so few units that it’s not a viable strategy? I don’t have enough experience with Chaos dwarves to judge if it’s something completely stupid. Thanks for your help!

Yodrin:

I am also unexperienced (models otw), but I would like to try a similar list. Si cant give you any advice, but eager to hear from the big guys :slight_smile:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s a fairly solid list. I’ve run something like that a few times and done well. Cannons tear it up but other sorts of enemies die with great efficiency.

JMR:

I would try to include some cheap Hobgoblin Khans on wolf to help you control the battlefield.

A fast and furious approach is fun and all (even though I’m not sure Chaos Dwarves do it best), but be careful not to end up giving your opponent the chance to deal with your army one unit at a time. You need to make sure you are able to deliver your punches where and when you want them. I guess your Destroyer and Taurus would be most important in your case. Khans can help you achieve this.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Nurion:

List looks fun! There is only a small problem; your core. It has to be atleast 625 points for 2500 point games.

I would allso recommend that you add a khan or two, to help your k’daai arrive where you want him. They are allso great warmachine hunters. With some luck they can even break small units of fast cav/knights on their own if you get a rear charge :wink:

To be able to make those changes you would have to get rid of the fireborn imo. I’ve never fielded them myself, but they just seem very expencive for what they actualy do. For the points i think i’d add two khans, full cmd on the IG, musician on the BC and then fill up the core for the left over points :slight_smile: I’d allso consider a charmed shield on your prophet. Cannonballs can realy hurt him… :wink:

Geist:

How many points is this suppose to be? It looks like 2500 but feels like 2000. It does look interesting, but I would make a few tweaks. One I think you need a scroll, just for that one spell that you really need to put the hammer to. I would prefer the dwarves with blunderbusses instead of great weapons. Sure your low I, but make the other guy bleed as he comes into you. Also your not making full use of that wonderful 3+ save you have with great weapons. Lastly and this is purely personal. I wold chunk the fireborn for a skullcracker. Same point cost, but one is alot harder to hurt and any unit he can thunderstomp will be just be made bloody. Also you have enough units that no one can get on it for overly long before it can be bailed out.

Kamphre:

It’s a 2500 points list.

The core is missing some points to reach the 625, it’s because I removed 5 guards from the original unit.

I think I’m gonna remove the fireborn because they are very expensive and add 2 khans.

My guards are supposed to reach the other side of the table in a second wave. The plan is to fear my opponent and let him choose to face the quick units or the coming horde.

I don’t have the skullcracker mini (neither the iron demon), so I can’t play it.

I’m the only dwarf (and chaos dwarf) player in my club, so I don’t really fear the canonballs :slight_smile: But I may need a charm shield in the future…

Nurion:

Ironblasters, great cannons and some stonethrowers can still hurt alot :wink: If you don’t have any players that will field them then i guess enchanted shield is fine. Charmed shield would still work if you should miscast tho :wink:

When i tried a similar list I found that the lack of shooting could be frustrating at times. Especialy when facing units of 40+ models. Magma Cannons just love to fry 15+ models each shot helping you remove their steadfast when you get into closecombat :slight_smile: But i guess having artillery in your army will be against the fluff :wink:

Kamphre:

I played 10-12 years with dwarfs so I want to try something else than shooting.

I don’t have lots of figs actually, so I was looking for a list that could be my goal to reach. :slight_smile:

If I put some shooting, I’ll need some protection for the war machine, so the army will be divided and I’ll get a almost standard list.

I’ll modify my first list to consider your ideas.

Geist:

Two khans on the dirty is 60 each, that’s 120 for both. What are you doing with the rest of the points? As for not having the model, that should not be hard to proxy one. Also you can find them kinda on the cheap on e-bay, just have to wait for the right time to snag one. But adding one of those bad boys to your list will increase the fear factor.

Johnny-Crass:

Drop the champ from the Centaurs for a LOS on the Ruk and get to legal core. Also charmed shield is always better than enchanted shield… Always:s

Kamphre:

Ok, new version:

Lord

- Sorc. Prophet: 540

Talisman of preservation, Charmed shield, Dispel scroll.

Heroes

BSB, Great Weapon.

- 1 Khan on wolf : 56

Light armor, shield

- 1 Kahn on wolf : 56

Light armor, shield

Core

- 39 Infernal guards: 632

Great Weapon, Full command group.

Banner of Swiftness

Special

- 4 Bull Centaur Renders: 220

Great weapon. Standard, musician.

Gleaming Pennant

- 4 K’Daai Fireborn: 230

Manburner

Rare

Total : 2499 points

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’m quite sure you’re K’daii Fireborn are too small to be useful now.

RiTides:

I like the Khans on wolves for your theme. However, I agree that your Special category hammer units look a lot less scary now…

Perhaps drop some infernal guard to bump them back up?

Goltor Lintrepide:

I would drop one bull centaur an add one fireborn.

Nebukadnezza:

Don’t you need a daemonsmith to include a K’daai?

zhatan87:

Don't you need a daemonsmith to include a K'daai?
A character with the daemonsmith rule, yes (which has the prophet sorcerer), but not a daemonsmith character:)

4 fireborn : crazy. It's too few... Go for BC only in this case... Cheaper and 5 BC can make something, when fireborns need to be at least 6 to be effective...
I've played many time such a list. Do you really need a BSB?
Keep the khans, you need them.

Kamphre:

Don't you need a daemonsmith to include a K'daai?
A character with the daemonsmith rule, yes (which has the prophet sorcerer), but not a daemonsmith character:)

4 fireborn : crazy. It's too few... Go for BC only in this case... Cheaper and 5 BC can make something, when fireborns need to be at least 6 to be effective...
I've played many time such a list. Do you really need a BSB?
Keep the khans, you need them.

zhatan87
I was thinking to remove the bsb, but I won't get enough points to add 2 fireborns if I keep the castellan for steadfast.
Zathan87: Can you post your list please?
Same question for veterans, if you have this kind of list...
Thanks!

BolgGorog:

Nice looking list, as recommanded I would take the K’Daai Fireborn (but than > 6) or the Bull Centaurs.
Perhaps something like this, with a hellcanon (flank) and Fireglaives

Lord
- Sorc. Prophet: 540
Talisman of preservation, Charmed shield, Dispel scroll.

Heroes
BSB, Great Weapon.

- 1 Khan on wolf : 60
Light armor, shield, spear

- 1 Kahn on wolf : 71
Light armor, shield, magic weapon

Core
- 25 Infernal guards: 422
Great Weapon, Full command group.
Banner of Swiftness

12 Infernal guards: 214
Fireglaives, Musician

Special
- 4 Bull Centaur Renders: 220
Great weapon. Standard, Musician
Gleaming Pennant

Rare

- Hellcanon: 210

Total: 2497

Personally I do not have a Great Taurus (yet), so I want to try something like this:

Lord
Sorcerer-Prophet, Lvl. 4
+  Talisman of preservation, Charmed shield, Chalice of Blood and Darkness
+  Lore of Hashut
- - - > 400 Punkte

Heroes
Bull Centaur Taur’ruk
+  Black Shard Armour, Great Weapon
+ Dawnstone, Other trickster’s shard, Dragon helm
- - - > 235 Punkte

Infernal Castellan
+ Great Weapon
+  Iron curse icon, Luck Stone, The Mask of the Furnace
+ BSB
- - - > 210 Punkte

Hobgoblin Khan
+  Light armor, shield, spear
+  Giant Wolf
- - - > 60 Punkte

Hobgoblin Khan
+  Light armor, shield, spear
+  Giant Wolf
- - - > 60 Punkte

Core
28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Great Weapon, Full command group.
Banner of Swiftness
- - - > 467 Punkte

14 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Fireglaives, Musician
- - - > 248 Punkte

Special
5 Bull Centaur Renders, Great Weapon, Full command group.
+  Banner of Discipline
- - - > 290 Punkte

Rare
Hellcannon
- - - > 205 Punkte

K’daii Destroyer
- - - > 325 Punkte

Total : 2500

Kamphre:

Thanks for this lists! I’ll try them as soon as I can.

Just one little thing: the hellcannon is now 210 points, as in the Warriors Of Chaos rulebook.