[Archive] Favorite Cult Movie

al-hashut:

If all religions are simply successful cults, does that mean Conan and Predator have become religions (see: Jedi)

Kera foehunter:

i think so !!!all the guys i ever meet can quoteboth of them it word for word

Vintagephreak:

Withnail & I; side-splittingly funny and at the same time unexpectedly profound and moving. As well as being the most quotable movie of all time, of course. Martin

Baggronor:

Dragonslayer: 80s fantasy movie, with some awful aspects to it, but the plot and characterisation is so cool. The main character is a wizard’s apprentice, and he’s rubbish, gets his ass kicked by the dragon. Saw it when I was about 9 years old, and it made me love dragons. As someone with experience of stop-motion animation, the dragon still has me in goosebumps :slight_smile:

Sharkboy:

Have to agree with the John Carpenter stuff especially The Thing. Everything connected to Dune, I love the Lynch version but fear for the Peter Berg remake.

Have to mention Repo Man by Alex Cox.

To nail it down I’ll say Kubricks A Clockwork Orange, “viddy well little brothers viddy well”.

X-Porter:

This is Spinal Tap.

Also, anything off of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is gold as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Dragonslayer: 80s fantasy movie, with some awful aspects to it, but the plot and characterisation is so cool. The main character is a wizard's apprentice, and he's rubbish, gets his ass kicked by the dragon. Saw it when I was about 9 years old, and it made me love dragons. As someone with experience of stop-motion animation, the dragon still has me in goosebumps :)

Baggronor
Dragnslayer still holds up surprisingly well today. Well done movie.

Captain Crayon:

Jason and the Argonauts!

the 1963 one, not the 2004 one…

The fight sequence with the half dozen stop motion skeletons is awesome :smiley: