[Archive] [february 16:th 2010]Dawi Zharr a la Borka

wallacer:

The green stuffing across the board is of an unbelievably high standard.

I particularly like the uniformity of the beards on the CD figures.

Kera foehunter:

love your hobbos too thanks for the big hat lesson

borka

Canix:

Excellent GS work Borka ,bighats FTW

Hobgoblins are shorter than CD in 4th ed so those look great perhaps give them a bit more hunchback and belly so they look like there stooping.

Cant wait to see them painted :hat off

Borka:

Thank you sirs
I have to say that I really like the BfSP gobbo miniatures, so much actually, that after working
with them I’ve started to consider making a night gobbo hoard as my next army after CD.

Your welcome Kera and thank you for your kind slave donation. I will make sure to put them to
some extra hard work :wink:

Borka:

An update I’ve now completed painting my first 5 chaos dwarfs. Hurray
It feels like a important step on my chaos dwarf journey.

This is what the guys look like:

You can see that there are three different kinds of painting schemes for the armour. I have ruled out the bronze one (the rightmost guy) but I have a hard time deciding between the other two (red or metal) so I started a little poll in the showcase section for feedback here.

close ups

They where a lot of fun to paint. I’m really looking forward to doing this army.

I’ve also started some converting work on some wolfs for my Fast cav unit, but I’ll save that for another time .

cheers

minty:

Drool, both of that conversion work and painting are of the top level, there some of the best i have seen on this site eaisly:) keep up the good work

Kera foehunter:

nice paint job i like the heavy wash make them look evil

Hashut’s Blessing:

Take a look at my comments in the colour choosing thread, but cleanly painted and well done!

Borka:

Hi again guys and gals!

Thanks for your replies! You help me being motivated you really do

Not a lot have happened, but posting here helps me get motivated to carry on with the project so I’ll make a small update anyway. What I’ve done during the last two weeks is basically some work on the warrior unit’s bases and I’ve also done the greenstuff work on 6 more warriors. I’ve let go of the idea of making a mold for the hats, because of two reasons. The money I had for the project has run dry and also because I think it’ll be more rewarding to make all hats my self.

The next 6 warriors WIP green stuffed (thumbnails, click click):

cheers

Kera foehunter:

well i had to go the rout of stick pins you get a lot for a few dollars…

Chaos dwarfs on a budget!!!

i to like the to make my owen stuff.Green stuff rules

Xander:

It’s a shame you can’t cast these really. :slight_smile:

Excellently sculpted Borka. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very nice. In a sense, it’s a shame ya can’t cast them. Alternatively, it means each CD can have his own perosnalised hat :smiley:

Lifer:

As I’ve said on the showcase forum, these guys are very nice! Or in other words,

jättebra! Keep it coming, dude. It’d be nice to see some characters as well but take your time :wink:

Borka:

Hi again guys! Thanks for your replies.

It’s quite a while since I last updated this thread, my school semester drained my energy (one of the busiest so far). So this project went into a standstill. But then came Christmas break, and I have not been idle the two weeks of break and I’ve done a fair bit of work.

I finished the six new dwarfs and I’m quite pleased with how they turned out. I’ve also based them all now with a “lava” theme.

Here’s a picture of the new guys;

And they look like this when put all together:

The light is all wrong because I forgot to put on the cameras “lightbulb-light” function (I know your not supposed to take pictures without daylight, but I can’t do it when my sons are awake :rolleyes::D).

I’ve also started to work on the green part of the army. I’ve paint striped, put together and based a unit of 21 orcs (I’ve sprayed them black so I didn’t see any point in taking any pictures of them), they’re next on my painting list so you’ll see them soon.

The hobbo unit is almost finished there’s a few of them still needs some greenstuff work. I will most likely paint them after the orcs. I’ve also like to show the first WIP picture of some hobbo archers.

I raised them a 4-5 mm each like you seen before, I’ve used small pieces of sprue and milliput to save me green stuff (which I only used to sculpt the last layer).

WIP picture of the hobbos (all 22 of them).

and of the archers

Greenskins are actually a lot of fun to make, and I’ll soon find out if that’s true about painting them as well. :smiley:

Ps. Sorry for the appallingly bad pictures. If you wish to use them in a later issue of WOH like you did in issue 2 with one picture. Please let me now and I’ll try and take better pictures of the miniatures in question.

Cheers

Kera foehunter:

nice group of hobgoblin archers i also like the group of hobgoblins to

Borka:

I thought I’d do a small update. The painting of the orcs have started and I’ve decided to take my chaos dwarf army to a tournament that will be held sometime late march early april, so I really have to speed up the painting.

I’ve finished two orcs and have almost done 5 more.

the lads

and a WIP picture of my Bull(boar)Centaur

I’m not to sure about the centaur, there’s a bit to much fur on him for my liking. But he’ll have to do, I guess I can always say that Hashut based this particular string of Bull Centaurs on Scottish highland cattle :P:rolleyes:

cheers

Xander:

Excellent work! And a hearty welcome back!

Kera foehunter:

Borka i love your boar centaur!!he a cute little chubby guy how could you not like him !!

i guess AGPO need to put his advice in!!

clam:

Welcome back :hat off

Cool stuff. I love you orcs - great skin tone you gave them - and the Boar Centaur Guy looks really promissing.

KRUG_666:

(BIG) Hats off to you Borka!!!:hat off

Great looking army and well painted indeed.