[Archive] Female dwarf pirates

Kera foehunter:

For my 6000 post i decide to share with you guys  a unit of female slayer cd pirate females dwarfs :hat off
i have not name this unit yet But this is something i wanted to do for months !!! So i  did it !! this unit was made to fill in as pirates
since it getting harder to find slayer pirate !! I decided this is the way
i was going to go
so i just started on them and im off and going !!

BilboBaggins:

Damn.

Love them.

I would have loved them with Axes, but they are still great.

GRNDL:

I think its a strange choice that you’ve equipped them all with a single pogo stick, but I think it adds a lot of dynism to their poses.

Dino:

Never thought you could use daemonettes like that. Very cool Kera. I hope we can see them painted up soon.

apocalypstia:

those look frick’en AWESOME!!! can hardly wait til you get some paint on those. Sah-Weeeetness.

very fine sculpting and creative skills there miss Kera.

tjub:

Really cool Kera! Great idea… :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

for throws willing to try this here are the part list

deamonettes"(head and corsets ) wood elves (weapons and lower body) dark elves(weapons) i made pistol from the hand cross bows ! they look great

i provide better pictures !!

now this has me wanting to paint !!

thanks very much

now i thinking of a paint colors !!

im thinking of slayer orange hair and blue colors

i would like input on other choices of color too!

thanks again

kera

snowblizz:

a unit of female slayer cd pirate females dwarfs :hat off

Kera foehunter
How would a unit of "male slayer cd pirate females dwarfs" or "female slayer cd pirate males dwarfs" look?

As cool as these? Better? Worse? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cool stuff.

kefas:

when? when? when? Im impatiently waiting for your painting results!

You made very interesting conversions, inventive with many different models parts so it must looks inimitable after painting!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Paint them Kera! No one wants to see naked plastic! :smiley:

Looks great, by the way!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Very cool. A couple of ideas are to use them as DoW Duellists or as some other DoW unit with two hand weapons, maybe use them as a unit of orcs/black orcs with GWs and say their peg legs/eagerness for pluder is the extra movement and lower Leadership etc :wink:

two_heads_talking:

Kera, are your girls showing their girls? perhaps It’s just me, but two of those dwarven babes seem to have nekkid boobies…

BilboBaggins:

They are supposed to be Slayers. :slight_smile:

I don’t think Kera intended to model them that way.

Kera foehunter:

well tht i see have to wait till there painted !!

well i try to get them finshed with green stuff and i going to paint these up!!

***** question !!! do you think i should add more weapons to the models

like a sword to there side or more guns??******

BilboBaggins:

If you are sticking them with Long Drong’s unit or using them as Dogs of War Duelists then maybe another pistol on the waist. Otherwise they are fine, sometimes adding more is a bad thing.

two_heads_talking:

They are supposed to be Slayers. :)

I don't think Kera intended to model them that way.

BilboBaggins
I think a pirate should have at least one pistol not in their hand... if they have two pistols in their hand, they should have the swashbuckler (sword) in their belt.. if they have a pistol and sword in hand, they should have a pistol in their belt.

the capt and first mate should have 2 pistols in their belts.. to stave off mutiny..

snowblizz:

They are supposed to be Slayers. :)

I don't think Kera intended to model them that way.

BilboBaggins
I think a pirate should have at least one pistol not in their hand...  if they have two pistols in their hand, they should have the swashbuckler (sword) in their belt..  if they have a pistol and sword in hand, they should have a pistol in their belt.  

the capt and first mate should have 2 pistols in their belts..  to stave off mutiny..

two_heads_talking
Pirate fact:
Pistols weren't in the belt but hang from a sash around the neck. Easier access, retain functional weapons for the hands.
Or so they said on TV.

speedygogo:

Incredible Kera, just when I thought I had seen it all I find even more awsomeness. You have a great idea and the sculpting is phenominal. It will be quite a spectular and character force when finished. I look forward to seeing it created.

Zanko:

Hey Kera!

Great work! :hat off

I´m really jealous of your ability to convert the minis! :yar

Now I´m keen to see them painted! :cheers … and I want to see more of your minis!!! :o

:hashut

two_heads_talking:

Pirate fact:
Pistols weren't in the belt but hang from a sash around the neck. Easier access, retain functional weapons for the hands.
Or so they said on TV.

snowblizz
a pistol was put where ever it could fit..  stupid TV.. you need to get a refund

what the hades is a belt hung from a sash around the neck anyways?  

i've heard of bandoliers (worn around the chest)  but who would put something around the neck, then hang somethng from that and then hang a gun/pistol from that?  I've definately got to see a picture, cause i'm just imagining something rediculous looking.

ok, i think i've figured it out now.. the sash was tied to the pistol, and the other end of the sash was tied to the neck.. so you had a necklace with a pistol haning from it..

however, most people are thinking of larger military style pistols where pirates carried smaller pistols that were easily stuffed into places .. I've looked at a few websites and found that it does seem they did preload 4 or more pistols and used sashes, leather straps and string to hang them from their necks, or from their vests.. the strings or sashes were long enough to allow them to be aimed and fired quickly.. (although i'd have to wonder what it was like maneuvering around with 5 or 6 weapons banging around your front while you moved side to side ina fight..??)

http://www.charlestonpirates.com/images/bartholomew_roberts_image.jpg

this is the only pistol on a sash I've found so far..