[Archive] Fighting with a stove pipe

Perturabo:

The CD are really calling out for a comedy list to be done.

Grimstonefire
Hats of inconvenience

Many Chaos Dwarves wear huge and unwieldly headgear, and as a result of this often fall over. This apparent misfortune actually has a number of benefits on the field of battle. The Chaos Dwarves are notoriously difficult to reliably target with missile fire, and the sight of these otherwise grim and intimidating warriors falling face-first down the shallowest of inclines causes their enemies to be overcome with laughter.

All Chaos Dwarves with this rule receive a 5+ ward save against missile fire. Additionally, any enemy units within 12" of a unit with this rule must test for stupidity.

Grimstonefire:

Off topic I know, but I was tempted to come up for some rules for a unit of CD mounted on flying pigs (‘pigs might fly’ - a term used to say ‘it will never happen’, for our non english natives).  Seemed a bit in poor taste :wink:

Perturabo:

Piggasus cavalry? I like the sound of that.

Kera foehunter:

pot bellie pig Calvary for us cd

Ishkur Cinderhat:

May I point out here to all nonbelievers that skintight masks and horned helmets are not more comfortable to wear than the average tallhats…

Kera foehunter:

lol yea!! but do you sport a different hat every day ??

or where the same one??

Ancre:

But chaos dwarves are mean and angry people, they do not want comfortable armor, they want something uncomfortable that keeps them angry against the world ! :hat

dedwrekka:

May I point out here to all nonbelievers that skintight masks and horned helmets are not more comfortable to wear than the average tallhats..

Ishkur Cinderhat
Yeah, but at least they cover the face.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yeah, but at least they cover the face.

dedwrekka
Bah, only ruins the beard.

jolpis:

haha. there should be some sort of magically enchanted hat, like

hat of all hats

this huge and encumbering hat can easaly be turned to a great weapon just add a stick at the end. it can allso be thrown as a deadly projectile.

chose one of the following uses for your hat of all hats.

where it is supposed to be, adds 1+ armor save.

as a great weapon, but it ignores the strike last rule.

as a thrown weapon st5, one use only.

Kera foehunter:

haha. there should be some sort of magically enchanted hat, like
hat of all hats
this huge and encumbering hat can easaly be turned to a great weapon just add a stick at the end. it can allso be thrown as a deadly projectile.
chose one of the following uses for your hat of all hats.
where it is supposed to be, adds 1+ armor save.
as a great weapon, but it ignores the strike last rule.
as a thrown weapon st5, one use only.

jolpis
They do Jolpis !! it call a pirate hat :yar:yar:yar

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Oddjob could kill with a small hat.

Imagine just how much deadlier a big hat must be! :hat off

Kera foehunter:

you win ishkur the best answer yet !!!

Willmark:

Where is Tallhat when we need him?

Ancre:

Oddjob could kill with a small hat.
Imagine just how much deadlier a big hat must be! :hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat
Hahaha in game terms a chaos dwarf hat could work like a cannon shot ! :hat off

No wonder chaos dwarfs fight with hats, it's one of the best weapons of the warhammer world !

Border Reiver:

As to the effectiveness of Bighats, I refer you to the original Blackadder Series and the episode where Edmund becomes the ArchBishop of Canterbury (The Archbishop) and must contend with a knight with a Turkish Helmet…