[Archive] FINALLY! Some Progress!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi guys!

I’ve been waiting 5 months for this day!

FINALLY the contractors started rebuilding my old Monster Hobbies location.

FINALLY…some progress! The building was framed out to the new specifications sometime last week - Nov 10th-ish 2013.

Freshly Insulated ceiling…classic floral print wallpaper!

A nice view from the Clothing Store side…now with a 4th store!

November 16th - The outside of the building was covered with a special type of weather-proof drywall. Sadly, the “windows” were covered with blue tarps. I will be very curious to see the inside, but now I guess I have to wait.

Hope it’s done for Christmas!:thumbsup:

Vogon:

I hope you’re up and running soon too, do you have any sort of time scale from the constructor?

See if you can get hold of the project manager and ask to see the project plan.

Usually on building projects the first and second fits are what takes the most time because the urgency of getting a building weather proof is off.

Good luck

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thank you. Yes…I have a plan of the inside of the new building and the ETA for completion is January. I just can’t post the blueprint because it’s in some “Other” format…not a JPEG.

Yodrin:

Nice to hear that its progress, really happy for you. GL in the process!!!

Abecedar:

The BIG question is … Is It Waterproof?

Willmark:

Need to build a berm/retaining wall/sand bag/ barrier around the store. If the town asks tell them it’s a promotion/advertising for 40k.

Kera foehunter:

so is the name of your city called sunny ville now Mr.t

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have to go through all my pictures of the old store to get things ready to claim Disaster Relief money. Though you guys would like to see that I just made a new video about Monster Hobbies and the High River Flood. Hope this helps your understanding of what we went through.

Monster Hobbies Before and After The High River Flood 2013 - YouTube

Time of Madness:

Good to see some progress on the new store! I can’t even begin to imagine how much damage there was to the communities in and around Hgh Rver. Hopefully life out there is getting back to normal and many plaves are being re-built.

Time of Madness

Baggronor:

Good to see you’re getting back on track, mate :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Best wishes for your new store and hopefully many new customers will find the way to you! :wink:

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thank you everyone! Well, with the population greatly reduced, I’m not sure how long it will be before I really see sales and customers like I did before the flood. Old houses - in fact - entire old neighborhoods are being torn down because of the flood. However, some new places are going up, but it’s quite slow. Maybe things will return to normal 5 years from now. Hard to know right now what to do.