[Archive] Finished both Rykarth (painted) & common CD warrior (but still need to be painted)

grom:

Rykarth WIP:

Warrior with helmet WIP:

Any advices?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Oi, that’s nifty. :slight_smile: I love the moustache!

How tall is Rykarth going to be? At the moment it seems that he is going to have short legs only, instead of being stunty overall. Maybe the belt should be positioned a bit higher up, but it’s hard to tell. However I would definitely never ever sculpt a neck for a dwarf! ^^

hal:

Nice!

The Chaos star on his helmet is perfect.

grom:

Oi, that's nifty. :) I love the moustache!

How tall is Rykarth going to be? At the moment it seems that he is going to have short legs only, instead of being stunty overall. Maybe the belt should be positioned a bit higher up, but it's hard to tell. However I would definitely never ever sculpt a neck for a dwarf! ^^

Ishkur Cinderhat
he's goin' to be 2 mm higher than common dwarf.

Arashi:

:open_mouth:

Wow…

Hashut must be very pleased!

(and I really liked that bull-axe)

Snotling:

whoa…!:0

your sculpting is very clean, how did you sculpt that chaos star? it’s awesome!:hat off

and when i see that… i wonder how to sculpt weapons, is can’t get it how to make a little piece of clay become a sharp edged axe…

very nice!

grom:

whoa...!:0
your sculpting is very clean, how did you sculpt that chaos star? it's awesome!:hat off

Snotling
first i made helmet. when it dried i made very thin line from gs by rolling it on desk - made lil circle from it and put on helmet - pressed with finger and then i correctrd its shape with neddle. after that i made arrows by same way ;)
and when i see that... i wonder how to sculpt weapons, is can't get it how to make a little piece of clay become a sharp edged axe...
very nice!

Snotling
Maybe you should try other putties than gs ;) (cuz gs have tendence to grow after drying - like cake ;P - so its very difficult to make sharp edges... Sb said me in past that it can be bypassed by diping this edges in some detergent to lower surface stress - but i never tried that)
I use mulliput, but i read that most ppl use brownstuff to make weps and other equipment...

Xander:

WOW! Amazing work! Your Earthshaker should be shipped sooooon! I am so sorry for the delay, many things are keeping me busy! I feel really bad about not having sent it yet, but I will throw in some goodies to compensate! Promise!

Keep up the amazing work!

Snotling:

hm… brown stuff is too expensive, but i have milliput (but right now, i can’'t really handle it ^^). i will try to tame my milliput! ^^

how many steps did you need for the axe? hm… don’t you want to make a turtorial how to make axes? would be cool and i can educate me :hat off

grom:

WOW! Amazing work! Your Earthshaker should be shipped sooooon! I am so sorry for the delay, many things are keeping me busy! I feel really bad about not having sent it yet, but I will throw in some goodies to compensate! Promise!

Keep up the amazing work!

Xander
np - I know that kind of business :hat off
hm... brown stuff is too expensive, but i have milliput (but right now, i can''t really handle it ^^). i will try to tame my milliput! ^^
how many steps did you need for the axe? hm... don't you want to make a turtorial how to make axes? would be cool and i can educate me :hat off

Snotling
miliput is great - u can polish it when it start to get harder by rubbing its surface with wet tool or finger (it dilute in water ;))

i'll make some tutorial later (but only in paint drafts, cuz now i dont have digital camera in home)...

AGPO:

I can comiserate with the camera problem. Hope the tutorial comes soon, some truly awesome GS work

torn:

that helmet looks really good i like the detailing.

grom:

now some describe (red lines on pics means line of cutting):

1. on smooth surface make from miliput flat tray in more or less in shape of axe. smooth that tray with wet tool.
2. when it almost dries (solid but not too hard) cut sharp shape with knife.
3. when it is hardened - cut with knife sharp edges of axe
4. then u can correct edge with gs to make it more visible
5. do some ornaments on it, put on stem and axe is done :cheers

u can omit point 4 by making thicker miliput tray on beginning so sharp edges would be visible…

is this tutorial understandable? :cheers

Snotling:

is this tutorial understandable? :cheers

grom
YEAH, it is! It is like I thought, first a plate of putty and when it's dried... the knife! :)
but in general, very helpful tutorial, thank you!

torn:

thats how ive made sword blades in the past. I make flat layers of green stuff then just cut the shapes i want out of it.

the bull face on your axe is really well done

grom:

there is faster way btw - an old plasticcard - treated it by knive, if its to thin then glue 2 of them together

The Flying Beaver:

It’s a shame you couldn’t finish Grom. That model’s looking really good.

The tutorial’s great too. It should go on the wiki :idea

grom:

i had examin session at university so I didnt even have enough time for learning… :frowning:

AGPO:

Well thanks for the tutorial at any rate, its very clear. I’ll have a go at that

grom:

np - that was a pleasure to me :slight_smile:

if i could help any of cd genrals with gs handling i would be satisfied :slight_smile: