[Archive] finished Mutalith Vortex Beast

RichardC1967:

traded from a friend, he airbrushed it a bluish scheme, I glazed it with Guilliman blue and highlighted it with a lighter mix of blue and white and repainted the Vortex thing on its back, which had red in it…

Yodrin:

Cool, cool ,cool!!! Like it!!

Gunnerson:

I remember when it was affordable to buy all the army books when they came out… It looks really Tzeentchy and the colours pop!. I just have no idea what it does…

RichardC1967:

I remember when it was affordable to buy all the army books when they came out... It looks really Tzeentchy and the colours pop!. I just have no idea what it does...

Gunnerson
I'm not sure wht it does either and I'll probably never use it...

Khaas:

I think the paintjob works well, good work. As for the Mutilath itself, it’s pretty random (not reliable). But it has a chance of killing enemy models with a bound spell and turning them into Spawn. It’s also stands a chance of surviving a round or two unlike the Slaughterbrute since it actually has a Regen save. It’s fluffy and fun, but not terribly competitive considering what’s available in the Special section. In short, Chimera is better and more versatile.

speedygogo:

Great paint job on it. What got me was the retail cost of the model. I would have loved to buy one but doesn’t seem to be that great in games and is on the expensive side of things to boot. Because you were able the get one on the cheap Richard, it really is the best of both worlds.

RichardC1967:

thanks guys for the positive comments. I traded some chaos demon units on sprues for it ,I would have never bought another one after I bought the Slaughterbrute model(which I actually got about $20.00 cheaper on Ebay ,NIB)also if I would have thought about it when I got the first one, I would have have magnetized the various bits to be able to swap out the two options on one model.I try to keep a simple paint scheme on most of my lesser used units and do a bit better on the units like Lords,Demon Princes etc.