[Archive] Fire Sorcerer

Grimstonefire:

My Golden Hat entry. I knew doing a fire sorcerer would be a big gamble, as fire is notoriously hard to sculpt well, let alone paint. So what do you think, did I pull it off?

Loki:

Great work on the fire sorcerer the flames came out really well and as you say they are really hard to do but you pulled it off really well :slight_smile:

cornixt:

I hadn’t realised it was a 100% sculpt. Very nice job.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Excellent…hmmm…now that everyone can see what the entries REALLY looked like…should we re-run GH X!? :smiley:

The one hand looks like it is sewn back on in a Frankenstein type of way. Is this what was intended?

dncswlf:

YEah! nice job! I think the flames look great! much better than my piddly attempt! painted well too. Kudos!

Lordfishbane:

Great job, with all the great sculpts I’ve seen since finding CDO I’ve been motivated to do some GS work . Great job. keep up the great work

Grimstonefire:

@Tarrakk

Lol.  Sewn on is perhaps what it should have been…  No, I was trying to depict the stone spreading though the arm without just blending the colours.

It’s probably obvious anyway, but from the top I made it so all the flames are circling around.

Mario:

I like how the flames leap around and swirl, also a great paint job. I dont know how to describe it better, but some flames look a bit stringy like tubes? more of a size difference could have looked even better.

Dont get me wrong tho, i think he looks incredibly amazing already! :cheers

Snotling:

Yay, it’s cool to see him bigger and also unpainted. The unpainted one is great, I immediately get several ideas how to paint the flames in an alternative way, like roots for example deamonic flesh tentacles. The helmet is great, very well sculpted, you really can handle the Green Stuff. The hands are great. I just realized that hands and feet are big problems for me, I could need a turtorial :smiley:

Great job Grim, you are an inspiration! I’ll practise and maybe I can reach your level… that would be cool :hat off

clam:

This one was my favorite for GH XI - so it can’t be much of a surprise that I think it’s perfect. It’s a gamble, yes - but you ar talented enough to pull it off. Both the sculpting and painting is superb. Great, great work, Grim.

Arashi:

One of the best figures of the GH this time, and all of them were awesome!

But, for me there was 1 single thing that could be better: the flames (especially on his back). Thety should be “fatter” and get thinner the longer they got from the body. If they have the same chape from upp to down, they look more like tentacles. And the flames should be more together, not separate and worm/snake like.

(sorry for my spelling, haven´t slept properly)

Bassman:

One of the best figures of the GH this time, and all of them were awesome!

But, for me there was 1 single thing that could be better: the flames (especially on his back). Thety should be "fatter" and get thinner the longer they got from the body. If they have the same chape from upp to down, they look more like tentacles. And the flames should be more together, not separate and worm/snake like.

(sorry for my spelling, haven´t slept properly)

Arashi
Quote. Dunno if you like my flames but I always try to sculpt the main "body" of the flames and then, half dried, I use a sharp tool to tear the point of the flames to give it the non-solid shape of the flame.

Said this your entry was one of my favorite during voting, top 5 for sure..... :)
It's amazing how in this forum we have so many great sculptors... I shall start my scratch sculpt as soon as possible!!!! :D

Zanko:

Imo your sorcerer is great! :hat off

Perhaps a bit too much BigHat and too less Marauder style … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As well the sculpting as the painting is ace! :cheers

This guy got my vote at the GH XI contest! :smiley:

:hashut

Unzul:

wow… fantastic model…

Grimstonefire:

Cheers. Took ages to sculpt and paint the flames. Not something I’ll be doing again in a hurry for a competition I think.

Unzul:

hehe… the flames are the best of the model… very characteristc