[Archive] Fireborn up for pre order

Vogon:

Hi there,

We return to the Black Fortress and the Legion of Azgorh in this week�?Ts newsletter with the hotly anticipated and amazingly detailed K�?Tdaai Fireborn which are available to pre-order now. We�?Tve also got a reminder about the cut-off date for Salute 2012 reservation orders for those of you attending the event.

K’daai Fireborn

The Chaos Dwarfs are arrogant, malign and paranoid beings, and will bend their knee to none but their Father of Darkness, Hashut. Their Sorcerers and Daemonsmiths constantly seek weapons and soldiers that will make their armies invincible and it is from this desire that the K�?Tdaai Zharr, the Scions of Fire, were born.

Rather than currying favour through parleyed bargains with the greater Chaos powers, or summoning daemons all but uncontrollable as a human sorcerer might, the priests of Hashut have long sought to create something more than a mere bound spirit. With the K�?Tdaai Fireborn they have succeeded and through their dark arts have forged a race of powerful warriors, half-daemon and half-raging fire.

Drawn from the magma of the deep earth, birthed in the boiling blood sacrifices of Hashut�?Ts altars, and bound and given form within an armoured framework of articulated iron and rune-stamped bronze, the K�?Tdaai are devastating shock troops that slumber between battles as cold frameworks of barbed metal. When unleashed upon an enemy force, the fire within them rages into existence and they become mindless, elemental forces of destruction few mortals can hope to survive.

Designed by Edgar Skomorowski, the K�?Tdaai Fireborn are a set of three intricately detailed multi-part resin models, available to pre-order here for despatch from Friday 27th April. This kit contains three different torso designs, three different lower bodies and three different pairs of weapons �?" each of which are fully interchangeable. Rules for the K�?Tdaai Fireborn fielded as part of a Chaos Dwarfs army can be found in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos, and Binding Scroll rules to align this powerful force of darkness with other Warhammer armies are included in Monstrous Arcanum.:slight_smile:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/K’DAAI_FIREBORN.html

Cheers

Vogon

Coopervisor:

Hmm, was hoping I had some more time before I needed to spend more money with FW.

My worry though is that I’m not sure my painting will be able to do these justice :S

macbeth:

I’m convinced neither by the mini nor by the rules. Not for me.

Vogon:

Hmm, was hoping I had some more time before I needed to spend more money with FW.

My worry though is that I'm not sure my painting will be able to do these justice :S

Coopervisor
I do think that these will be quite a challenge to paint but there is so much detail on there that I think that a fairly neat paint job using washes may work well.

Cheers

Vogon

Bitterman:

Beautiful figures. Can’t wait to paint some.

furrie:

still not convinced by the minis, mabey when I see some painted versions.

Bitterman:

I do think that these will be quite a challenge to paint but there is so much detail on there that I think that a fairly neat paint job using washes may work well.

Vogon
IME painting fire looks best when it's lightest the deeper into the fire. eg. white on the inside, then yellow, then orange/red as a "highlight". So I'm not sure that washes would really do the trick.

I'm planning on getting my airbrush out for these babies. But I'll be intrigued to see how others approach it, washes, airbrush or otherwise!

jbrown1214:

I think I may have to send these out to a painter (BTP, perhaps?)…just not sure I could do them justice. I’d probably include them even if they weren’t the strongest model–they add some flavor to my (assembled but as-yet unpainted) Dwarf and Hobgoblin army!

Jason

Vogon:

IME painting fire looks best when it's lightest the deeper into the fire. eg. white on the inside, then yellow, then orange/red as a "highlight". So I'm not sure that washes would really do the trick.

I'm planning on getting my airbrush out for these babies. But I'll be intrigued to see how others approach it, washes, airbrush or otherwise!

Bitterman
I've just invested in an air brush but I need to get a bit of practice in with it on metal miniatures first before I try anything expensive in resin :)

I will of course post results in my blog when I get there.

Cheers

Vogon

Time of Madness:

They will be tough to paint, but done well they will look great!

Time of Madness

warh:

Great, now I have something to practice fire on!

rabotak:

They’re tough to paint, gamewise and fluffwise i personally prefer bcs, but they’re actually quite pretty and so i guess i’ll be saving up for a unit of six.

Da Crusha:

... gamewise and fluffwise i personally prefer bcs...

rabotak
today I had a great time with my fireborn. they got a charge off on some chosen with a flaming banner :mad

Niblebitzer:

IMO those are very nice, just look at detailed pics. Armour plates with runes, flames, chains, … I had instantly vision of dark, almost black, plates with glowing runes and flames striking off from the armoured prison. I will get few of those.

KramDratta:

I’m not convinced by the rules…

2 Wounds & 2 Attacks for a 50pt Monstrous Infantry unit that takes a T4 test every friendly CD player turn??

Bitterman:

I'm not convinced by the rules...

2 Wounds & 2 Attacks for a 50pt Monstrous Infantry unit that takes a T4 test every friendly CD player turn??

KramDratta
...except turn one! Don't forget that!

(Yeah, I agree. Still going to get some as the models rock).

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ll be the hater and say I’m not a fan. Though to be honest it’s one of the few Forgeworld models I haven’t liked. And painting those to any decent standard is going to take forever. I give them a rare “thumbs down”.

Grimbold Blackhammer

KramDratta:

(Yeah, I agree. Still going to get some as the models rock).

Bitterman
My thoughts exactly... don't know if they fit as unit fillers in the Infernal Guard though

Niblebitzer:

KramDratta, that’s neat idea!! Fireborns driven as slaves in guard unit.

tvandyke:

Now that I’ve seen clear pics (opposed to the pics from Game Day), I think they’re awesome. I think it’s going to be really hard to appreciate them until you see them painted to a decent level. Looks like their will be a lot to work with from a painting perspective.