[Archive] First 1000pts list

SafetyTurtle:

So, having just recieved my Throne of Chaos book along with a bunch of Chaos Dwarf models from FW I thought I’d throw together a list using what I recieved.

I know the standard is 2000-2500pts but haven’t played for a long long time (about the time ogre kingdoms was brand spanking new) and wanna start small.

Well, enough talk, here’s the list:

1 Castellan, 110pts

Hand weapon, blackshard armour,

enchanted shield

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer: 130pts

Ensorcelled Hand Weapon, Blackshard Armour,

Level 2, Lore of Metal.

23 Infernal Guard: 323pts

Hand weapon, shield,

full command, lichebone pennant.

10 Infernal Guard: 170pts

hand weapon, shield,

Fireglaives.

3 Bull Centaurs: 160pts

Great weapons, Ba’hal.

1 Deathshrieker. 100pts

Now, I don’t have much in the way of a plan here other than sticking my characters in the Infernal guard block.

The fireglaives will be at the side of that unit with the Centaurs on the other and then march the whole lot up the middle with the Deathshrieker standing back.

I know theres not alot to comment on and I’m expecting to get steamrolled a bit untill I can expand the army to 1500-2000pts but any comment, ideas, advice is welcome.

Though I should mention that I’m not that keen on slaves.

SafetyTurtle:

So, having just recieved my Throne of Chaos book along with a bunch of Chaos Dwarf models from FW I thought I’d throw together a list using what I recieved.

I know the standard is 2000-2500pts but haven’t played for a long long time (about the time ogre kingdoms was brand spanking new) and wanna start small.

Well, enough talk, here’s the list:

1 Castellan, 110pts

Hand weapon, blackshard armour,

enchanted shield

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer: 130pts

Ensorcelled Hand Weapon, Blackshard Armour,

Level 2, Lore of Metal.

23 Infernal Guard: 323pts

Hand weapon, shield,

full command, lichebone pennant.

10 Infernal Guard: 170pts

hand weapon, shield,

Fireglaives.

3 Bull Centaurs: 160pts

Great weapons, Ba’hal.

1 Deathshrieker. 100pts

Now, I don’t have much in the way of a plan here other than sticking my characters in the Infernal guard block.

The fireglaives will be at the side of that unit with the Centaurs on the other and then march the whole lot up the middle with the Deathshrieker standing back.

I know theres not alot to comment on and I’m expecting to get steamrolled a bit untill I can expand the army to 1500-2000pts but any comment, ideas, advice is welcome.

Though I should mention that I’m not that keen on slaves.

MLP:

Not a bad first list for 1000 points. A few points I would consider:

Lore of Metal may be a bit hit and miss at this level, it will work great sometimes but be useless against some foes. I think for 1000 point lists Fire is probably a safe choice, especially if your Daemonsmith is at the back with your warmachine.

You would be good to have your Castellan as battle standard and the Daemonsmith your general, you don’t need a General’s leadership so he’ll be good back with your deathshrieker giving it a reroll. You don’t have many points to drop and I don’t want to suggest changing models as you said these are what you have bought. Best option I can think of is removing the Full Command to get the BSB, you don’t need a musician so much, the champion is only one extra attack and you’ll have the same +1 Combat resolution bonus with the BSB.

Your block of Infernal Guard with Castellan will be awesome at this points level. You MUST use it to it’s full potential and protect it from enemy templates.

The tactics you mentioned are really your only option. If you keep your Daemonsmith with the Deathshrieker it’s very accurate, use it to take out enemy warmachines early with the demolition rocket then switch fire to T3 units with the Incindiary rockets. All the while slinging fireballs about and get your big block into combat asap with the enemy’s toughest unit and flank them with your side units. Use bull centaurs as a roadblock against weak targets or warmachine/monster hunters.

Hope this all helps and welcome to the forums!

Here’s a link to my thread with 6 1000 point lists I use to have a look at if you like http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10858

SafetyTurtle:

Some good ideas and as you said, not alot that can be dropped.

The reason why I haven’t made the castellan a BSB is the simple fact that I’m not sure how to convert it yet, unlike my centaurs so may change this around once I’ve figured that out.

javi:

Hi there,

I agree about Lore of fire, at this point lvl and given difficulty of signature spell, I’d get Fire over Metal.

Also, I would not put the Fireglaives, if you have the models I would rather add another unit of BC’c and still have 10 points to play with magic items (Ironcurse Icon on Castellan, to protect your main block i.e.). Your 25 stubborn IG will most likely hold the entire game w/o conceding any points, and both units of BC’s will add much more mobility and hitting power, but I would try to squeeze musician in both units. Hobos are also a good option, a unit of 25 with shields and bows will be imo more useful than the 10 fireglaives (they will almost always strike last and will very soon lose hitting power, as they very badly need support attacks), with larger range and more bodies, they will save on 5+ (Vs 4+ on Fireglaives) and a parry save of 6+. If your Gral is around they will be fine.

Depending on the army you expect to face, you can also get 20 hobos with shields and add a Khan on wolf, which is absolutely wort every point you pay for him.

I would also drop the lvl 2 on the Gral and use the points to buy some protection on your characters or a Dispell Scroll.

Regards.

Javi.

SafetyTurtle:

Well like I said in my original post, don’t wanna use any slaves of any kind, I’m in this army to play dwarves not hobbos. ^^

To begin with the fireglaives stays in seeing as I have spend a bit of money on them, later on I may swap them out for something else though but wanna see how they get on first.

javi:

Fine, but I would drop the lvl 2 and get a DS, you will be much safer imo.

Regards.

Javi.