Daemonsmith here

= 110pts

3 inferno Golems

- Lava Fire

= 225pts

Total Points = 1999pts

Casting Dice - 7 + 2 bound

Dispel Dice - 5 + 2 scrolls

This list is fairly defensive with lots of shooting and a decent magic phase.

General idea is to use the centaurs on the flanks and use the golems to provide support to my core units.

Time of Madness

Uzkul Werit:

The list is good but switching out the Arcane Appartus for the Holocaust Cloak might be worth it for a slightly stronger magic phase. But thats a minor thing.

God, this new list is too good.

The Brain:

I would think about dropping the Black Gem, give the High Preist the Helm of Azgorh, and with the extra points try and squeez in a magic sword from the common item list they are only around 15 points. With the Arcane Apparatus, the Helm, and (lets say the sword of might) he gets 3 strength 5 attacks, and generates 3 dispell dice. Then you have a guy good at casting, dispelling and chopping. Just my thoughts though.

mattbird:

very good start. 2 Death Rockets may be overkill’ perhaps swap one out for a Daemoneater?

and, my usual answer is: always find a way to include a Hellcannon.

Time of Madness:

....switching out the Arcane Appartus for the Holocaust Cloak might be worth it for a slightly stronger magic phase.

Uzkul Werit
Thanks for the comment. I think overall having the extra power dice is more useful then having a plus 1 to cast. 7 Casting dice allows me to throw 4 dice at one spell and 3 at another. Or I can try casting 3 mid range spells a turn.
I would think about dropping the Black Gem, give the High Preist the Helm of Azgorh, and with the extra points try and squeez in a magic sword from the common item list they are only around 15 points. With the Arcane Apparatus, the Helm, and (lets say the sword of might) he gets 3 strength 5 attacks, and generates 3 dispell dice. Then you have a guy good at casting, dispelling and chopping. Just my thoughts though.

The Brain
The black gem is important to my army as it allows my sorcerer lord to take on a tough challenge. If my main block gets charged I'll issue a challenge to save the unit/lord. It buys time and allows me to get the centaurs or golems in on the flank.
very good start. 2 Death Rockets may be overkill' perhaps swap one out for a Daemoneater?
and, my usual answer is: always find a way to include a Hellcannon.

mattbird
Thanks for the comments Matt.

I agree that 2 rockets plus the earthshaker is a little overkill, but having the extra fire power is nice.

As much as I like the hellcannon, I just can't see why I'd take one when I can get an earthshaker for 100pts!

The list has performed well. The golems and the bull centaurs give my infantry some flanking protection and allow me to set up some nice flank charges.

Overall I've been happy with the list! One of these days I'll get around to trying out a offensive style army.
Time of Madness

Uzkul Werit:

How is the Eruption Gun going? They were never good enough in my list.