[Archive] First 2k LoA List!

GoodBeard:

Hey everyone,

Been lurking around for a few weeks and BAM got some Infernal Guard for Christmas. Now I obviously need to make an army here in between work and finishing other armies. With that said, here’s my plan for a 2k list. I think I’m going to give converting a shot to make most of the infantry. Its something I’ve been wanting to do for awhile, and with the insane cost of 10dudes, kind of required as well.

This looks kind of fun, however, I think its maybe lacking direction, or perhaps more points (for warmachines) would make it work better?

Sorcerer Prophet

+Level 4, Mask of Furnace, Dawnstone, Blood of Hashut

Castellan

+BSB, Charmed Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Talisman of Endurance, Black Hammer of Hashut

Daemonsmith Prophet

+Nice Hat

Infernal Guard x25

+FC

Infernal Guard x30

+Blunderbusses, FC

Dreadquake Mortar

+Slave Ogre

+Hellbound

Magma Cannon

That’s it! I really like the idea of making units have to make tough decisions about whether they want to move or not. I want some nasty shooting but I suppose I’m also worried about steering too close to mean gunline and not wanting anyone to play with me. T_T Which actually may be where I ended up with the blunderbusses!

Any thoughts on whether this list would be too cruel, or unfocused or anything? Might try to get a proxy game in and see how it works, but my stable of regular players is like none.

Thanks!

moogoodoo:

if it was me id get rid of the 25 infernal and 2 blunders then add a unit of 30 hobos with bows and a ds rocket may be if points allow add another magma cannon and change the Dreadquake Mortar for a hell cannon but thats just me

GoodBeard:

Hey Moogoodoo!

Thanks for responding! I see whatcha mean, that would free up a lot of points but I’m kind of giddy to use me some dwarven infantry! Those blunderbussiers are expensive though, so I was contemplating dropping them for some hobgoblins but thought against it, looking at their rules they seem like they’d blastinate something but good!

2k seems pretty darn tight to get anything shiny in there!

moogoodoo:

Hey Moogoodoo!

Thanks for responding!  I see whatcha mean, that would free up a lot of points but I'm kind of giddy to use me some dwarven infantry!  Those blunderbussiers are expensive though, so I was contemplating dropping them for some hobgoblins but thought against it, looking at their rules they seem like they'd blastinate something but good!

2k seems pretty darn tight to get anything shiny in there!

GoodBeard
here are 2 lists i run at 2000 points hope they help :hat off

sorcerer prophet level 4 pistol enchanted shield talisan of protection

daemonsmith level 1 dispel s

infernal castalian pistol mask of the furnace bsb

28 infernal guard blunderbuss fc war banner

20 hobbgobalins bows fc

magma cannon

deathshrieker

3 bull centaurs g8 weppons standard

hellcannon
total 1998

and

lord lvl 4
t presivation
e sheald
pistol
blood of hash

daemon smith lvl 1
dispel sq

infernal bsb
mask of the furnice

28 blunderbuss standard mus war banner

magma cannon
death shrieker rocket
magma cannon hell bound

think that comes to 2002 hope they help :)

moogoodoo:

sorry the last list was suppose to be

t presivation

e sheald

pistol

blood of hash

daemon smith lvl 1

dispel sq

infernal bsb

mask of the furnice

28 blunderbuss standard mus war banner

magma cannon