[Archive] First conversion - Death Shrieker Rocket Launcher

Singleton Mosby:

As I had to wait till I would receive my CD units but wanted to get started with this new army I rumaged through my bit-boxes and attempted to make a rocket launcher.

This one is inspired by the German 21 cm Nebelwerfer. The basis of the weapon is some GW siege equipment for Bretonnia; a mantlet, a cauldron with boiling tar and something to throw rocks. All stuff I would never use and bought God knows when.

As you can see it is not a big contraption. The ‘tubes’ which hold the rockets are made from a chess-set, as are the ‘decorations’ on the wheels and some other parts. Looks a bit weird now but not all that bad when painted.

Pictures of the painted thing will come after the weekend.

devlanmud:

It looks cool but a bit like it will fold in half when the rockets are launched. maybe some sort of strut behind the upright panel? Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Kera foehunter:

great idea with the chess pieces and pump wagon ??

Borador:

Looks good! You could turn it into a four-barreled magma cannon as well, by removing the rockets (I think the rounded caps are the rockets, sorry if I’m mistaken) and then building up the back part of the machine!

Singleton Mosby:

It looks cool but a bit like it will fold in half when the rockets are launched. maybe some sort of strut behind the upright panel? Looking forward to seeing it painted.

devlanmud
You might be right there. Now it is painted however, it looks a little bit more 'viable'. I'll make some pictures tonight. In the meantime I have started work on some Hobgoblin wolf riders.
great idea with the chess pieces and pump wagon ??

Kera foehunter
No, that's not a pump wagon. The 'carriage' is the struts from a mantlet with the large beam something of a rock-lobber.
Then the beams holding the rocketlauncher are from a cauldron (which normally has a fire underneath. I used the actual cauldron as the back of the launcher (the round thing). Then the screen of the mantlet is placed behind this all as a blast-screen.