[Archive] First draft 2000 pts

Perturabo:

Ok, here’s the situation. I’m taking part in a Tale of Painters (like the old WD article series) on Librarium Online. The idea is to paint 200 points of an army a month, ending up with a legal 2000 point list. Obviously I’ll be painting my Chaos Warriors. I’ve never tried to write a 2k list, and I don’t have enough tabletop experience to come up with a good one. Here’s the first go:

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Hero   103

Great Weapon

Heavy armour

Enchanted Shield

Guantlets of Bazhrakk

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer   125

Level 2

Dispel scroll

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer   125

Level 2

Dispel scroll

Core

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   239

Great Weapons

Full Command

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   210

Full Command

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   180

Blunderbuss’

Blunderbuss’

25 Hobgoblins   120

Light Armour

Shields                    

Champion

Musician

10 Hobgoblins   170

Bows

Light Armour

Shields

Wolves

Musician

Special

2 Hobgoblin Bolt throwers   60

Rare

5 Bull Centaurs   135

Heavy Armour

Musician

Champion

Earthshaker   110

Bit low on points, forgot I’d been messing with it. :smiley:

Not sure what to add, not sure what to change. It seems a bit light without a Lord character. I was looking at ways to add a Taurus Lord, but I’m not sure. I think the hobbos probably need changing, and possibly the Warriors. Anyway, rip it to bits, rebuild it, sacrifice as many slaves as you need to! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alan the evil:

you could drop gauntlet on general and GW to one infantry, move the second dispell scroll on one sorcerer and put staff of sorcery on the other…

than use a BC BSB with armor of gazrak and sword of might and improve infantry blocks up to unit strenght 25 (23 with general and sorcerer and 22 with BSB and other sorcerer) and that’s all…

and if you drop even champions on unit of hobbos and BC you can find space for a death rocket

Bassman:

Get rid of that abominion: champion in hobgoblin unit is a non sense. 10 points for a s3, ws3 attack is clearly too much.

Swissdictator:

The enchanted shield/gw idea while cool is mildly problematic for me as you can’t use both.I understand the GW + Gauntlets is to give you a chariot popper, but… I’d drop the Gauntlets and Enchanted Shield for the Black Hammer. +2 S, not going last, and insta kill on Treemen… it’s nice… plus you can still benefit from the mundane shield at least.

Either that or go for Armor of Gazrakh, GW, and Talisman of Protection. 1+ and a 6+ (6+ wards can be surprisingly nice) and still having S6… it’d be good.

I agree with the champ on hobgoblins… he’s an easy target for a challenge and overkill… for chaos lords… or worse… monsters/independent characters. 15 points for the extra attack is “meh” in my book.

Between the Hobgob champ and Bull Centaur champ you’d get enough points to throw a warbanner on a warrior block. I’d put that in the unit without your general for the higher soft res… as they won’t benefit from his killing power. So they’ll need that little bump.

Otherwise I think your list is cool. Fairly similar to what I ran at 2250 when I first started (probably similar to what I’d drop to make points too).

I’d also drop the champ on the Bull Centaurs. He’s a juciy challenge target for independent characters, characters on monsters, treemen ancients, etc.

Perturabo:

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Hero   111

Black Hammer

Heavy armour

Shield

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer   150

Level 2

Dispel scrollx2

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer   130

Level 2

Staff of Sorcery

Core

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   299

Great Weapons

Full Command

23 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   262

Full Command

War Banner

Blunderbuss’

Blunderbuss’

25 Hobgoblins   110

Light Armour

Shields

Musician

10 Hobgoblins   170

Bows

Light Armour

Shields

Wolves

Musician

Special

Rare

5 Bull Centaurs   120

Heavy Armour

Musician

Earthshaker   110

How’s that? Any suggestions for the spare 118 points? Some Hobbo archers? Second Earthshaker :mask? Do the BC’s need any weapon upgrades?

Ancre:

Add two more bolt throwers ? It seems common usage is to take them in group of four. I would put hobbos archers too. Or a death rocket , but it might be too much “gunline”, which many people do not like much.

I’d go with the armour of gazhrak + GW on the general, as it gives him the same killing power with a better armour and it cost less. He loses the instakill on the treemen and the magic attack, but that’s a fair trade. But that’s a personal opinion.

Swissdictator:

I’d get a couple unit of Hobgoblin archers., and a standard for the centaurs. Just be a tiny bit more wary of how you use them so you don’t give a free 100 VP. The alternative would be to then move the warbanner to the Bull Centaurs to make a nice hard hitting shock cav… but the warbanner is best left on the warrior unit probably.

It’ll give you some nice mass shots at long range. Either on soft targets or large monsters where sheer volume of fire can bring them down. You’d also be surprised how getting 20 shots for 2-3 turns on knights can really drop them down quite a bit.

Overall it looks good.

Perturabo:

a standard for the centaurs. Just be a tiny bit more wary of how you use them so you don't give a free 100 VP.

Swissdictator
That's what I was worried about, but hopefully, as it'll be a while before I use the whole list on the table, I'll know what I'm doing by the time I get to them.

So a couple of units 10 Hobbo archers?

Edit:

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Hero   111
Black Hammer
Heavy armour
Shield

Level 2
Dispel scrollx2

Level 2
Staff of Sorcery

Core

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   299
Great Weapons
Full Command

23 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   262
Full Command
War Banner

Blunderbuss'

Blunderbuss'

25 Hobgoblins   110
Light Armour
Shields
Musician

10 Hobgoblins   170
Bows
Light Armour
Shields
Wolves
Musician

10 Hobgoblins   50
Bows

10 Hobgoblins   50
Bows

Special

Rare

5 Bull Centaurs   135
Heavy Armour
Musician
Standard Bearer

Earthshaker   110

theblackmage:

I’d simply swap the black hammer for a great weapon and the armour of ghazrak on your hero, as it gives the same strength bonus for mheaper, and a much better save.

thing is, the ammount of flammable target’s are slim, and against anyone other than other dwarves, your crapppy initiative means you’ll be striking last anyway, so it’s not that mcuh better than a basic great weapon.

I have a marked dislike for units of 24 and 23, as it means your opponent will know exactly where your characters are going, so they can counter it perfectly, wich is bad, as you can guess

Armoured hobbo’s, nice:) haven’t seen them in a while, though you do seem to be lacking in wolf riders. As it stands, the BC’s will be running off almost unsopported, which is bad… I’d look for points to get some more wolf riders, even if it’s by trading in the bow hobbos…

good look:cheers

Perturabo:

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Hero   94

Great Weapon

Armour of Gazrakh

Level 2

Dispel scrollx2

Level 2

Staff of Sorcery

Core

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   305

Great Weapons

Full Command

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors   235

Full Command

War Banner

Blunderbuss’

Blunderbuss’

25 Hobgoblins   85

Shields

Musician

10 Hobgoblins   140

Bows

Wolves

10 Hobgoblins   140

Bows

Wolves

10 Hobgoblins   50

Bows

Special

Rare

5 Bull Centaurs   135

Heavy Armour

Musician

Standard Bearer

Earthshaker   110

Better? Cut a few things and got a second unit of wolfriders with bows.

Perturabo:

I know this this thread is pretty much done, but I was going over the list and realised the Core section was shot to bits. I’ve corrected the numbers in the above post. The question now is can I be bothered to make another two Hobbo’s to make it up to 2000?

Bassman:

Why not? More hobbos? More fun! :slight_smile: