[Archive] First game 1500pt LoA

brother_cov:

Im using my new CD army for the first time tomorrow using the LoA list.

The army Im facing is unknown at present but could be:

WoC (Slaanesh)

Lizardmen

Skaven

My oponent wants to play 1500pts as that is all he can put together in time, so 1500 pts it is.

My list may seem extreme at this but it is what I have and Im desperate to use it so here goes:

Sorceror Prophet (Lv3)- Lore of Hashut, Talisman of Preservation.

Daemonsmith Sorceror (Lv2) - Lore of Fire, Dispel Scroll.

Infernal Guard (22) - FC

Infernal Guard (10) - Blunderbuss

K’daai Fireborn (4) - Manburner

K’daai Destroyer

Plan: refused flank with 2 sorcerors in IG block magicing like fury. Blunderbuss IG beside adding a bit of flank protection. All this while the 2 K’daai units charge forawrd brining the pain.

Wrong wrong wong?

thanks in advance for advice :cheers

Obsidian Muse:

The Blunderbuss only reaches its true potential in blocks of 20+ warriors. I would suggest using the Fireglaives instead.

brother_cov:

The Blunderbuss only reaches its true potential in blocks of 20+ warriors. I would suggest using the Fireglaives instead.

Obsidian Muse
You are right, the blunderbuss unit did diddly-squat, perhaps cos a Dimensional Cascade from my prophet wiped half of them out!!

The Destroyer was WAAAYYY too much and too powerful in this game (Lizardmen) so will not be coming out again until larger games.
The Fireborn were good at holding up the Lord's Saurus unit until turn 5, slowly wearing them down till just the lord was left.

The IG were resilient.
Lore of Hashut was a bit MEH but partially due to the Prophet miscasting big stylee!
Lore of Fire was ok.

But overall a good performance from the boys and a good victory was had.
Will be looking at another incarnation of the CDs to play against a non-gunline vanilla dwarf army!!!

dncswlf:

kudos on the win! where are the pics?? I want to see pulped lizardmen bodies littering the battlefield! you are playing a non-gunline vanilla dwarf army!? wow… not even 1 cannon?? weird! Can’t wait to hear of your future conflicts! reminds me I haven’t played in ages… need to get my game on!

brother_cov:

kudos on the win!  where are the pics??  I want to see pulped lizardmen bodies littering the battlefield!  you are playing a non-gunline vanilla dwarf army!?  wow.. not even 1 cannon??  weird!  Can't wait to hear of your future conflicts!  reminds me I haven't played in ages... need to get my game on!

dncswlf
As far as Im aware, there will be 1 organ gun and an anvil, along with blocks of infantry and only 1 unit of slayers.

I was hoping to try out a hellcannon and perhaps a magma cannon (if I can get it ready in time), and at a real real push some bull centaurs...other than that Im not sure what to go with yet.