[Archive] First LoA list - 2500 pts with lammasu for a Tournament

Da Crusha:

Lords
Sorcerer Prophet
Level 4 Wizard, Lore of Hashut, Black Hammer of Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Potion of speed, Rides Lammasu

Lammasu
Level 2 Wizard, Lore of Death

Heros
Dark Castelan
BSB, Mask of the Furnace, Iron Curse Icon, Shield

Hobgoblin Khan
Giant Wolf, LT armour, Shield, Spear

Core

29 CD Infernal Guard Full Command Great Weapons
30 CD Infernal Guard Full Command

Special
Magma Cannon

Rare
5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders Bows Musician

Hellcannon

K’daai Destroyer

620 Lord
262 Hero
859 Core
145 Special
605 Rare

2491 Total

This is my First List with The LoA list. Tell me what you guys think. I havent used the list yet.

Baggronor:

Really not sure about the Lammassu. Wouldn’t take the Black Hammer if you do keep the Lammassu, as charging into combat is not the best idea for it imo.

I would say Taurus and combat lord with Fire, or Lammassu on Shadow and caster lord probably still with Fire.

Definitely Shadow on the Lammassu imo (Wither their T down and then Firestorm/Flamecage!! :hashut and the obvious Mindrazor if you get it).

Wouldn’t take great weapons on the IG; I think they should play to their strengths, ie survivability.

Da Crusha:

yeah, I think my list is an ode to my RH list. the lammasu I bring because my girlfriend got it for my RH list and I havent even gotten around to even painting it yet and I love the model (Raging Heroes). originally I made the lammasu a level 1 shadow and then looking over each lore I felt that Death would make better use of this maneuverability and give me more sniping spells. originally I also put mace tail and sorcerous exhalation to make him more combative but in the end I opted for a 2nd level. also, I never Really liked Lore of Fire, always been a fan of Lore of Shadow and Death. I might switch the lammasu over to shadow after some practice games. It is so hard to get whither though with just a level 2. I used to like using 2 level 2’s in RH but its no longer possible in 2500 pt games. Im playing up Lore of Hashut to give it a shot and I love the Hatred spell.

The hammer on the prophet is to allow the possibility of using ashstorm/ Black hammer combo in case I meet anything too nasty I will have another option. I don’t really plan on charging him into combat all that much but with his new stats it seems like he is dual purpose now.

The IG will probably lose the Great Weapons. the great weapons served me so well in the RH list I naturally want to continue using them but they get very expensive and now they start at S4 so it doesnt feel nearly important, plus I used to run a 40 CD Horde. Do you think 3X20 units of IF is better. I was thinking of switching for maneuverability.

Do you know if the wolf grants the khan fast cav? I feel like it is the exact same situation as in the RH list. I didnt see anything about it in the FAQ, Do you know if anybody has asked WF yet?

Baggronor:

No, he doesn’t get fast cav, characters don’t benefit from it in 8th. Stupid really, he’s the one character who should have it, and it wouldn’t be OP at all.

Da Crusha:

No, he doesn't get fast cav, characters don't benefit from it in 8th. Stupid really, he's the one character who should have it, and it wouldn't be OP at all.

Baggronor
:mad, what a bummer.

ZigZags:

Are you even allowed to take a Lammasu by itself? In our LoA list it is only a ridden option.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Are you even allowed to take a Lammasu by itself? In our LoA list it is only a ridden option.

ZigZags
Everytime somebody on this forum is talking about a lammasu, it's implied it is as a mount.

As for your list, Da Crusha, I think it could be viable, but without a daemonsmith, I would drop warmachines altogether and put some fireborn and bull centaur instead.

Da Crusha:

@zigzags: the lammasu is ridden. it says so in the prophets equipment section.
@yawa:  I forgot about this list. i do kinda like it though. maybe Ill dust it off and give it another shot. probably make a few changes.

Geist:

Humm Crusha

You do know that having a magic weapon on a lamsu is kinda pointless right? As you are in base contact with it and it turns off all magic weapons.

khedyarl:

A model is never in base contact with itself.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2940055a_WARHAMMER_RULEBOOK_v1.7_JANUARY13.pdf Under general principles.

Da Crusha:

Humm Crusha
You do know that having a magic weapon on a lamsu is kinda pointless right?  As you are in base contact with it and it turns off all magic weapons.

Geist
ya the faq specifies a model is not in base to base contact with itself. its somewhere on there, I don't want to look for it.

Geist:

Yes but the problem is that the blazing body rule from the bale tarus provides a precedent for being in base to base contact with the mount. So while under normal conditions you are not in base to base with your self you are in base to base with the mount. This is not so normal else wise why would there be the rule about the chaos dwarf in base to base and blazing body?

Da Crusha:

because forgeworld never knows what they are talking about, that is probably the most logical explanation.