[Archive] First LOA list. 2500

Johnny-Crass:

So I have been working on my Chaos Stunties for a while now and I decided it was time to make my list. Any tips would be great.

Lords

420pts

Sorcerer- Prophet (G)

Infantry

Lvl 4 Hashut, Chalice of Blood and Darkness, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation

Heroes

175pts

Daemon Smith

Infantry

Dispel Scroll, Lvl 2 Fire, Opal Amulet, Charmed Shield

195pts

Castellan BSB

Infantry

Shield, Mask of the Furnace

Minimum Core

522pts

Infernal Guard

Infantry x40

Full Command, Banner of E-Flame

104pts

Hob-Goblins

Infantry x20

Muso, Bows

Special

170pts

Magma Cannon

Warmachine x1

Hellbound

170pts

Magma Cannon

Warmachine x1

Hellbound

XXXpts

Death-Shrieker-Rocket

Warmachine x1

310pts

Iron Daemon

Unique x1

Hellbound

Rare

XXXpts

K’daii Destroyer

Monster x1

Summary

Lords: 16.8% » 420pts

Heroes: 14.8% » 370pts

Minimum Core: 25.04% - 626pts

Other Core: 0% » 0pts

Special: 30% » 750pts

Rare: 13% » XXXpts

Static Power Dice: 0

Average Power Dice: 7

Static Dispel Dice: 0

Average Dispel Dice: 7

Points Total: 99.64% » 2491pts

Target: 2500pts

Difference: -0.36% » -9pts

Bolg:

Swap that Iron demon for a unit of 5-6 centaurs, less special rules and you avoid the Iron deamon-Kadaai mega mix. also the shields on your sorcerours are the wrong way around.

Marduk:

Why are the shields the wrong way around?

What’s wrong with the Iron Daemon + K’daai mix?

rpitts2004:

Swap that Iron demon for a unit of 5-6 centaurs, less special rules and you avoid the Iron deamon-Kadaai mega mix. also the shields on your sorcerours are the wrong way around.

Bolg
I dunno...keep the shield on the prophet it's the standard build, also keep the iron demon, I don't think bull centaurs are the way to go, I have yet to have any success with them.

I like the list and it's solid

Bolg:

Why are the shields the wrong way around?

Marduk
If I'm not mistaken: charmed shield: ignore 1st hit on the model on 2+
imaging getting a miscast and ignoring a S10 hit on your lord for 5 points
What's wrong with the Iron Daemon + K'daai mix?

Marduk
Nothing, its just a question of would you want to face that yourself, I wouldnt so I wouldnt field them together. But thats just me. Also; its a lot of special rules/explaining/complicated game play.
I don't think bull centaurs are the way to go, I have yet to have any success with them.

rpitts2004
_They_ _are_ _awesome_!
I havent played to many games with the new list but always brought 6 of them along (greatweapons, full command, gleaming standard( reroll 1ts failed LD test)) and they have yet to fail me. they play pretty straightforward (no complicated rules) and the can take a beating and do some damage in return. Oh and they have M7 and that is quite a tactical advantage for a dwarf list.

Oh and you could always consider bringing a Hellcannon, great at shooting and even better at protecting your flank/other warmachines.
I love finally being able to field it in a CD army (after playing Ravening hordes for so long) most warmachine hunters wont bother him for more than 1 round of combat.
(You could swap him for a Magma Cannon, it would give you more variety in your game play, oh and remember if you damage a unit it has to make a panic test at -1, this in combination with the spell of the lore of Hasut in witch you can lower someones LD permanently makes him a very dangerous choice indeed.)

but this is all just my 2 cents (:

RichardC1967:

I would drop the Infernal Guard unit to 28…add the Castellan and Sorceror prophet to the unit and use the extra points for something else, maybe drop 1 magma cannon and combine the points for a hellcannon(?), or a Khan or two on wolves…also I always give my Sorc-P the Blood of Hashut(just in case).I don’t have an Iron Demon, so can’t comment on that, I would just use the points for either BC’s or 40 Hobgobs with additional hand weapons, or another unit of 20 Hobgobs with bows…also I assume you’ll use the demonsmith to babysit your warmachines?, you can just leave him Lvl 1 and use those points for extra stuff elsewhere.

Johnny-Crass:

I have never thought of charmed shield defending from a miscast.  I mean everyone else would still take the template but that is pure brilliance.  Though protecting the Daemonsmith from cannons is the reason he has the shield right now.

As for what I would want to play against this list is built for cut-throat WAC gaming (what my group is built around). So that means no friendly cuts.

And if I cut the IG would I just add more hobbos? I find them very sub-par

RichardC1967:

I have never thought of charmed shield defending from a miscast.  I mean everyone else would still take the template but that is pure brilliance.  Though protecting the Daemonsmith from cannons is the reason he has the shield right now.

As for what I would want to play against this list is built for cut-throat WAC gaming (what my group is built around).  So that means no friendly cuts.

And if I cut the IG would I just add more hobbos?  I find them very sub-par

Johnny-Crass
put the hobbos with bows on your warmachine flanks to temporarily discourage enemy fast cav or warmachine hunters, thus giving you a few extra turns to use the warmachines.

Johnny-Crass:

Ok I reworked it a bit. What do you all think of this?

Prophet

Lvl 4 Hashut

Talisman of Preservation

Enchanted Shield

Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Total: 400

BSB

Mask of the Furnace

Shield

Total: 197

Daemon Smith

Lvl 2 Fire

Dispel Scroll

Charmed Shield

Total: 160

Hob-Goblin Khan 72

Wolf

Shield of Plotos

33 Infernal Guard 629

Muso+ SB

Blunderbusses

Shields

Liche Bone Pennant

Magma Cannon xxx

Magma Cannon xxx

Death Shrieker xxx

Iron Daemon 310

Hellbound

K�?Tdaii Destroyer xxx

nilbog:

It looks fine, with good equipment choices but…it’s a bit small. Drop 5 infernal guard (you’ll still have a unit of 30 including characters) and with the points from that, and the spare points, you’ll have enough for a unit of hobgoblins.

As to the charmed shield debate: I put it on my deamonsmith too. But I also sometimes throw 6 dice at a fireball because I’m using lore of hashut on my level 4 and have nothing else to cast. It aslo protects you from having to take a look out sir roll and potentially destroying one of your warmachines as well.

Johnny-Crass:

Chaos Dwarves

Prophet

Lvl 4 Hashut

Talisman of Preservation

Enchanted Shield

Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Total: 400

BSB

Mask of the Furnace

Shield

Total: 197