[Archive] fluff suggestion

ashur:

After using for some time some old and lousy painted wargamesfoundry afghans as vesperos vendettas in my CD army, i’m starting to look for a suitable background that explain their presence.

Since Ind kingdoms are not to far away, im thinking in some kind of “thugee” cult obsessed with human sacrifices and their own version of dark gods.

I would like to have some opinions since fluff is still in our hands, at least until GW decide to finaly get to work.

Thank you

:hat off

Uzkul Werit:

Afghan looking models, eh? I’d reckon they’d be more suited to living on the very edge of Araby or the Border Princes maybe. Ind is just that - India.

Pyro Stick:

Afghan models…eeewwwwwwww…Get rid of them now.

Kera foehunter:

they could be part of the (dog of war) Al Muktar desert dogs.

AGPO:

Use them in an Araby army using the Chaos or DoW lists

ashur:

Afghan models......eeewwwwwwww.....Get rid of them now.

Pyro Stick
why?????????????????

wallacer:

Since Ind kingdoms are not to far away

ashur
Not too far away as in geographically, or as in a release date?

Bill-117:

Geo, most likely.

And yeah, perhaps as Araby mercs… Or slaves from Araby. :hat off

ashur:

Since Ind kingdoms are not to far away

ashur
Not too far away as in geographically, or as in a release date?

wallacer
just geographically of course. sadly

Bill-117:

If any other kingdom army would be released soon, it’d be Tilean (though DoW are mostly Tilean), Araby or Cathay. Though a GW guy made a converted Cathay army using Bretonnian rules…

wallacer:

just geographically of course. sadly

ashur
One lives in hope.
I wouldn't be surprised if the WFRP people (Black Industries) released some stuff for Ind or Cathay one day.

Bill-117:

Probably will. Is that the same mini scale as WH? Or is it Inquisitor-sized?

wallacer:

Probably will. Is that the same mini scale as WH? Or is it Inquisitor-sized?

Bill-117
It could probably be either, although I assume most people use 28mm figures.

Bill-117:

Yeah. 28mm is normal WH size, right?

wallacer:

Yeah. 28mm is normal WH size, right?

Bill-117
Yes, sir.
unless you use Rackham figures heheheh

Bill-117:

Eww nooo…

Cotter:

@topic g

You could actually make some kind of caravan guards out of those models. The people that are hired on both ends of the silk road (or whatever it is called in WH) in order to protect the precious wagons passing through the Ogre Kingdoms and the Wastelands. Some of them might also be of some use as human scouts to travelling Chaos Dwarfes armies on a slaving raid.

Wasn�t there some shaggy “Barter-town” mentioned in the Ogre Kingdoms Fluff? Somewhere in the south, some miles before reaching the Ogres’ mountains. Perhaps those guys could be mercenaries from there? Would also put them in a more “south-central” Asian background…

Bill-117:

I assume there’s barter towns EVERYWHERE…

Or perhaps they’re Tilean mercs hired for that purpose? Sartosan or Estalian?

wallacer:

You mean Pigbarter?

Is that the place?

Cotter:

Could be, I haven�t got the book around, it was somewhere along the big trade road just before the beginning of the Ogre Kingdoms… Well, just an idea anyway.